LA Pride - Day 1

I met Amy for lunch today to talk to her about my schedule and how busy I am going to be with my new job so I had to let her know that I wasn't going to be able to really be involved with SG for awhile. She was very understanding and we ended up having a nice lunch together. I was really worried about it, but it turned out that I was worried for nothing.
It was day 1 of LA Pride and so I was in a great mood after work and wanted to get the party started! I stopped at Rite-Aid on my way home to get a photo album for the photos from Canada (which I had printed the other day), some booze (a huge bottle of Smirnoff), and some other odds and ends.
When I got home, Dylan wasn't there yet, so I started working on "Winnipeg Beach" and ended up finishing a demo of it that I was really happy with. I burned it to a CD, e-mailed it to Brandon, and then headed down to meet Brad, Alf, Tommy and Ryan at Mickey's to kick Pride off. On the way, I called Brandon to have him listen to the song, and he loved it! Then I called Marc and he was home so I stopped in and played it for him and he seemed to be really into it.
I finally made it down to Mickey's and Tommy bought me a grey goose and soda. I also was given a vicodin and took that. I showed my Canada pics to everyone and told them the horror stories of the border, but also all the great stories of everything that happened there. Soon, Brad announced that he was done and had to go home, so I hung out a little longer but then Dylan was finally home so I went back to meet him.
I played the song for him, which he loved too... I've been getting nothing but great responses so far! Then we got ready and headed out, stopping at our friend Rafael's on the way where we really got the party started. Then we went back to Mickey's where Tiger met us, and we ran into a lot of people we knew. We ended up staying there until the lights went on - at 4am! It was crazy.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 160
Miniature "Posh Spice" plastic figurine. I never was able to collect the entire set of 5 (if there was one); I only have Posh, Scary, Baby and Sporty. And yes, I'm counting one per day! These are hard to get rid of but seeing as I have the 12" dolls that are much better, and that these are actually really ugly when you look up close, AND the packaging has fallen apart on some of them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!