Mom and Dad arrive in LA

Usually the day after my birthday is kind of sad and depressing, but I didn't have time to be mellow this time because my mom and dad are coming to visit today.
Work went pretty well. I'm still just trying to balance between the two jobs and the transition right now, which makes it difficult to really focus. Jim and I have a lot of things we still need to cover and time is running out.
After work, I tried to finish the cleaning that Dylan has been madly doing over the past few days, so there wasn't much left but it was still pretty significant. Brandon called around 9 to say he was picking mom and dad up at the airport, so Dylan and I hopped in the car and drove over to Brandon and Angie's place.
We got there just a few minutes before they did, so it gave us time to catch up with Angie and see all the work she has been doing out on their patio, which is so beautiful - great spot to relax.
Mom and dad came in and we all hugged and sat down and chatted and then Angie served dinner out on the patio - shrimp and mahi mahi tacos. They were delicious! We were all totally pigging out.
We had a nice visit but it was getting late and I had an early meeting so we had to say goodbye and head back home, letting them get settled in for the evening after their long trip (they had a really long layover in Salt Lake City of all places).

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 173
I'll just count everything else I threw out from the kitchen cabinet - spices, packets, old bags/boxes of sugar as today's entry.

Comments

Scarlet said…
It was a perfect evening with great food and all our loved ones!
Scarlet said…
It was a perfect evening with great food and all our loved ones!

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!