LA Pride - Day 2

A little overwhelmed from the partying last night, we slept in nice and late but still felt groggy and tired when we got up. We wanted to make it down to the festival in time to make it worthwhile, since it was $20 to get in (I had saved a bit of cash by purchasing my ticket online).
We walked down to the festival by ourselves, but once there we quickly ran into friends. First, we saw Dudley and Mark and hung out with them for awhile, and then we met up with Marc, Robert, Brad, Alf, Tiger, Tommy, Ryan, and some others. We had some time to just walk around, look a the booths and what not until we realized it was almost time for Kelis to play.
Before today, I didn't really know anything about Kelis other than her song "Milkshake" which had been a huge hit a few years ago. I didn't really know what she looked like or have any idea what her voice really sounded like. So, when she came out looking very cute and sexy in a little pink suit with a mini skirt, I was pretty surprised. She didn't look like what I had pictured, and she seemed much more sophisticated and classy than what I had envisioned based on that one song. I was very impressed and really enjoyed her set.
Afterward, we decided to go back to Brad and Alf's for awhile and hang out in the hot tub. Luther and Jason came over at one point and we had quite a pool party going on (although hardly anyone actually went in the pool). Then it was almost time for En Vogue to go on, so we all hurried back down to the festival. Dylan decided he didn't want to see them so he didn't go with us, so I went with Jason, Luther, Jose, and Andrew, Luther's new love interest.
We were there just in time for En Vogue to come on and everyone there was going crazy! I can't say I was a huge fan of En Vogue, but I certainly remembered their hits from the 90's fondly - they were all sing-along radio and MTV jams that everyone knew.
Soon into the set, Amy found us and joined out little party. She was not in the best mood but she said it had nothing to do with me; she actually seemed happy to see me so that was nice.
After the show, we met back up with Marc and Brad, and we all walked over to Gym and Dylan met me there but by that point we were both pretty beat so we went home so we could get rested up for the parade in the morning.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 161
"Scary Spice" miniature plastic figurine. Did I mention these have "2 for 99cents" price stickers, from the 99 cents store? Yep - and it still pains me to throw them out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!