LA Pride - Day 3

As soon as we got up and around, I walked down to Gelson's so I could get the tube of biscuits to make my 'famous' LA Pride Parade donuts. I use a shot glass to poke the holes out of the middle of the biscuits and then fry them in oil in a pan, then put them in a bag of cinnamon/sugar to coat them, and that's that! I started doing this for Pride a few years ago when Shitting Glitter was going to be in the Parade AND the Festival, and we had 3 people spending the night in our apartment, and many more meeting us that morning a block away for the parade line-up. That was a fun and crazy Pride Sunday morning, so the fact that this one was considerably less hectic was both a relief and also somewhat of a disappointment. I complained to Dylan that no one was there with us in the apartment that morning - you'd think living right in West Hollywood that someone would inevitably want to crash with you during pride - but Dylan pointed out we hadn't really invited anyone. Actually, the truth was, we had been planning on our friend Kevin coming to stay with us and those plans ended up not working out so we were both pretty bummed out about that. Anyway, I went ahead and made a whole batch of donuts anyway, knowing that we'd meet up with friends at the parade.
Sure enough, we walked down the boulevard and met up with Marc, Robert, Joe, Sunny, Amy and AJ right at the median by Marc's street, which is where we usually watch the parade ever since we've known Marc. The weather was beautiful and everyone was in a great mood. My donuts were a hit which was nice for me! They almost all got devoured right away.
The parade was really fun to watch, it always is. The best moment - The grand marshals this year were Sharon and Kelly Osborne, and as their car went by, I blew a kiss to Kelly and she looked right at me and blew one back! I love Kelly, I love her album "Sleeping in the Nothing" and the fact that she covered one of my favorite Human League songs, "Sound of the Crowd," for a b-side. So I was totally thrilled that she blew me that kiss, it made the whole parade for me!
After it was over, we walked down to Marc's house to hang out and relax for awhile before we all headed back out. Marc was going back to the festival to see Josie Cotton which I would have loved to do, but I really didn't want to spend the money to get back in to the festival. One day was enough for me, anyway. Dylan said he really just wanted to go home, so I walked with him and then I went to Brad's house where they were all hanging out in the hot tub again. There were lots of cute guys there, coming and going, so I ended up just hanging out there all afternoon.
Finally at some point we got antsy and wanted to go out and drink more, so a group of us splintered off and walked down to the boulevard. We ended up just sort of walking around and not really deciding on where we wanted to go, although it was fun just seeing everyone out on the street. By this point, I was really partied out and Dylan was texting me to come back home and have some champagne with him. So, I headed back home. I called R on the way home, because I was already starting to feel post-pride depression and it was double hard since we had done Winnipeg Pride the weekend before and now LA Pride, so it was really sad that it was now all coming to an end. He didn't answer though so I just left a message and then immediately felt stupid for even calling. I was starving so I stopped and got Los Tacos on the way home but couldn't eat it all so I shared it with Dylan. I was really sad by this point and told Dylan, who was the opposite - he was glad it was all over! I tried to just be excited about starting my new job tomorrow morning, so I tried to just get to sleep but so much was going through my mind that it was hard and I didn't get to sleep until very late. At one point, I even thought about getting up and going back out again, but luckily I ended up slipping into slumber while listening to the sounds of people outside walking around and partying.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 163
"Baby Spice" miniature plastic figurine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!