Happy Birthday, Robert!

We made it back from Canada late last night so I was very tired when I woke up today, but I had that song stuck in my head still so I ended up working on it a little bit in the morning before work, thus I was a little bit late getting to the office. The song is called "Winnipeg Beach."
Laura posted a bunch of pics from Canada on Facebook. I am definitely having Canada withdrawals, it sounds so weird to say that I missed Winnipeg so much. I just had such a great time there and met so many amazing people.
I was really bummed though cause LA Pride is coming up this weekend, and Dylan and I were so excited about Kevin coming down from Portland to stay with us, and he had called yesterday while we were at the Minneapolis airport to say he couldn't come after all (don't remember if I mentioned that already). Now I'm not even sure if I'm looking forward to LA Pride.
I had my first little 'toe in the water' moment today with my new job when I went to the Sunset/Vine Board Meeting at the Motion Picture Academy building in Hollywood. Kerry, my new boss, had asked me to attend the meeting so I could start getting my head around things there during the transition, as part of the 'plea bargain' that I had to work out between my two jobs since the Media District wanted me to stay longer to be able to train my replacement. Anyway, the meeting went really well and I already knew a few of the board members there, and I did really good about making sure to pay attention to the names and companies of the people I didn't know. Afterwards, I got to talk to Kerry, Sarah and Joe a little more about my new job and it was definitely exciting. They told me I would get a blackberry and my own parking spot right across the street from the office.
After work, Dylan and I walked down to Melrose to vote. It's a primary election, and since we just got back I didn't really have time to do enough research but I knew enough of the people I wanted to vote for. My friend, John Noguez, was on the ballot for County Assessor so that was fun to vote for someone I'm personally friends with. Dylan was pretty upset cause he had tried to register as a republican so he could vote against Meg Whitman and Carly Fiorina, but for some reason it didn't get processed correctly so he had to vote in the democratic elections instead.
We walked over to Johnny Cupcakes, this t-shirt store a block away from the polling place. It's really cute and Dylan has always wanted to go in there so we ended up buying this cool Jaws t-shirt for Robert since we were going to his birthday dinner tonight.
Then, we met Marc, Amy, Joe, and Sunny at this new sushi place for Robert's birthday. It was a lot of fun and the food was great, and we got a lot of beer for really cheap. We got caught up with all of them and told them all about the Canada trip, including of course our troubles with the border guards.
Then, some of us went over to Marc's to watch The Human Centipede which is a new horror movie that is getting a lot of buzz because it's so 'gross.' I'm the type of person that doesn't like to know anything about a movie before I see it, so somehow I had managed to not realize what exactly a human centipede was, but Dylan apparently did and that's why he didn't watch it. It was pretty disgusting but at the same time it seemed somewhat poetic and disturbing on a visceral level. I guess I'm glad I watched it.
We ended up staying up way too late because we had also watched Chelsea Lately before the movie, since Marc had taken Robert to the taping of it for his birthday. Afterwards we watched the Big Gay Sketch Show and finally I had to walk home because it was like 2am.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 157
Fuzzy blue and metallic journal. This little journal never got used and now candle wax or something dripped on it so it's time for it to go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!