Surprise! It's another Birthday!

Mom and dad let us sleep in while they went out for coffee and donuts. When they got home we decided to get up and around so we could go shopping with them. Mom and dad wanted to buy my birthday present for me, which was going to be a digital camera (my first), so they wanted me to pick it out.
We had lunch at the Veggie Grill which they both seemed to like although we weren't sure if dad would be into the fake meat thing.
Then we drove up to the Target on Sepulveda in the valley and picked out a nice Fujifilm camera. Mom and dad were both so concerned about getting the right one and I had to keep telling them any of them would be fine with me - anything is better than nothing which is what I have now. Then we picked out a case for it and got a memory card, and then looked for a gift for Ben G's birthday since we were going there next. We looked all over and then I had the idea to get something for his bar, so we got these retro Miller Lite bar glasses.
Ben's wife, Roxy, was throwing him a surprise party at this place called Blue Dog Tavern in Sherman Oaks. We were the first ones there, which we knew we would be, cause we just wanted to chill and have a drink first on our own. It was a really neat place, with pictures of dogs all over the walls.
Everyone started showing up including Brandon and Angie and a bunch of people from other bands that Ben plays or has played with. Finally, the time had come and Ben walked in and we all yelled "surprise"!!! He actually looked really dumbfounded, as he obviously had no idea he was walking in to a surprise party. His birthday is either Monday or Tuesday, so he was really not expecting it.
It was a really fun time, there was appetizers going around and plenty of beer. I even clumsily spilled half of my glass which was stupid, but the waitress was really nice and said something about how "this is the first time a glass of beer has ever been spilled in a bar."
After the party, we went back home and just kind of were lazy. True Blood was on, so we ended up watching the new episode (we watched the second one at some point while we were at Brandon and Angie's, I think later on Friday night) so now we are all caught up, and I think we may have gotten mom hooked.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 177
Damron Accomodations guide book, this was a "gift" that Shitting Glitter received for performing at LAGLC's HoMosaic festival, but it's sat on my shelf ever since then; it even still has the post-it labeled "Shitting Glitter" still on it.

Comments

Scarlet said…
I would be hooked if I could watch it with you guys every week. As it is, I have kept so busy with home projects that I haven't watched hardly any television!
Scarlet said…
Hmmm, I commented but not sure if it saved...here goes again. I said I would be hooked on True Blood if I could watch it with you guys every week!

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!