Accolades

Today was an amazing day but it was a real emotional roller coaster.
I had my last business watch meeting this morning and I thought it would be just like any other meeting, although Ron had called yesterday and said he was bored of Subway and suggested I call the Corner and have them cater it. So, I went to go pick up the catering but right before I left Susan called to ask what time Business Watch ends at. That seemed a little odd, but I thought, "oh well."
I went and got all the food and got to Hollywood City Hall a little early so I could set everything up. A couple of the police officers stopped by to ask me about where I was going and wish me luck. Then, close to noon, people started coming, and quite a few were walking in that don't normally come to the meeting. I started worrying that I wouldn't have enough food! Then, Susan came in with Diana and I knew something was up! I think Susan had only come to one other business watch in the five years she's been working for the Media District.
Unfortunately, my guest speaker hadn't shown up yet so we decided to start the meeting. Officer Washington and Officer Nony got up and started saying what a great help I had been to the BID and to LAPD and then they told me to come up by them, and they gave me this plaque honoring me for my 'years of service!' I was so blown away and was not expecting it at all. I tried not to cry or look stupid or anything, but as people were taking pictures I wished I had dressed up a little more.
Luckily, the guest speaker showed up then so we got on with the meeting. I had met Hillary at the LANI forum a few weeks ago and invited her to come present on FAST, "Fixing Angelenos Stuck in Traffic." I thought it was a great presentation and it seemed like people were really interested in it. I was happy that I had put this together for the last meeting.
Near the end of her speech, Councilman LaBonge came in with his field deputy, my friend Stacy, and then I really was wondering what was going on. Then, to my utter surprise, LaBonge presented me with a certificate of appreciation from the City of Los Angeles. I about fell off my chair, I seriously could not believe this was happening. I had always joked about wanting a cert of my own but never in a million years did I think I would be getting one now, after just 10 years in LA.
The whole rest of the day was really emotional for me. Of course I had to call my mom and tell her about it, and I chatted with my brother and sister. I called Dylan but then we ended up getting in another stupid fight about the stupid fight we had the night before. I know it's just because I'm hyper emotional right now with everything going on but I don't know what to do about it.
After work, I drove up near Amoeba and parked on Cahuenga. I though there was a bunch of stuff I wanted to buy there, but I ended up not finding anything. Then I walked over to the House of Blues tower because there was a happy hour that my friend Tim from the Hollywood Chamber had put together at a bar called the Well. It was cool talking to some of the Hollywood people and letting them know about my new job with HPOA. One of the ladies there is a board member on the Sunset/Vine BID that I remembered from the board meeting on Tuesday so it was cool to get to know her a little better.
I had a few drinks and some munchies and then I took the subway up to North Hollywood for Invisible Material rehearsal at AMP from 8-10. It actually went really well and I thought I did especially good on the drums considering how distracted I've been lately. Afterward, I rode the subway back to Hollywood, got my car and drove home.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 159
Dominos, cheap wooden set taken from Characters Kids Love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!