Veggie Grill

I did some work from home this morning converting the newsletter to a print version and uploading it to Staples. Even though you'd think everyone uses e-mail now, there are still a lot of our property owners that we don't have e-mail addresses for, plus a lot of people just delete e-mails, so I still like to make a printed newsletter in addition to the web/e-mail version.
For lunch, I tried this new place called The Veggie Grill which is up on Sunset and Crescent Heights. I had been wanting to try it for awhile but now was perfect since I've gone pescetarian. They had a fake chicken sandwich which was delicious and would probably even fool some people. I also got a side of kale that had a miso dressing; that was delicious and healthy. Anyway, it's in the center where Virgin Megastore used to be so I did get a little sad missing that store. When I first visited LA in 1998 or '99, I had seen it as we were driving down Sunset Blvd. and couldn't believe how big it was! So, it was one of the first places I went to when I moved to LA, and it became a regular hangout for me as I would often just go there to browse, either by myself or with friends. I found out a lot about new music that way. I'm so sad that it's gone.
Dylan worked late, so while he was gone I tried to get the apartment cleaned up. My main task was to finish cleaning the paint off my drums from the video shoot so that I can finally leave them at Ben's house and get them out of our already cramped apartment. Unfortunately, I couldn't find my drum stick bag which is where my drum key was so I couldn't take them apart to clean them until Dylan got home and showed me where he had put it away (aka hid it from me). I think the most difficult thing about living with someone is when they try to do a nice thing by cleaning up and putting your stuff away, but they put it somewhere that you could never find it. Anyway, he knew right where it was so I got to work and was able to almost finish cleaning the drums and then I told myself I was going to quit at 11pm. Well, it turned out it was already past midnight so I had to get up and go to bed.
Oh, I took a break while I was cleaning drums and had Dylan buy us tickets to Kansas for a memorial weekend visit. Adrienne had sent me her itinerary for her trip to LA in August so it got me motivated to get our flight booked. We'll be there from May 26-June 2, which means I'll be back in LA on June 3 for one day of work before leaving to go to Winnipeg!

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 88
"Life in a Northern Town" by The Dream Academy, 7" single. Similar to yesterday's entry, I had also ordered my original copy of this record through the same seller I bought "Love Parade" from and like that one, the picture sleeve listed a non-album b-side ("Test Tape No. 3") but the record in the sleeve was a promo with just the same song on both sides. "Life in a Northern Town" was Dream Academy's biggest hit although a lot of people don't know the artist or the title, but they know the song from it's "ah hey ma ma ma" chorus. I actually don't think I knew who sang it when it was out originally but later I got a $1 TG&Y tape of "Indian Summer," the group's second album, and then found out that they had done that song (as well as the awesome "Edge of Forever" from Ferris Bueller's Day Off).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!