City Hall

Staples delivered my new desk today, although I still haven't gotten rid of my old desk and I'd really like to before they recarpet my office. So I'm going to wait for that to assemble the new desk. I had contacted LA Shares (www.lashares.org) about donating the old desks to them.
I had to go take photos of the intersection of Willoughby and Seward, which is in very bad shape, for the meeting we were going to have with Councilmember LaBonge this afternoon. After I took the pictures, I stopped by our board president's place and he printed the photos. We made arrangement to car pool to the meeting, so around 1:30pm I went to the car wash and vacuumed my car and tidied it up. Then I picked up Ron (our president) and another board member, Mike, and we headed down to city hall. They hadn't been to the councilmember's office before but I had been several times so it was kind of fun leading the way. Getting through City Hall can be daunting if you haven't done it before but I'm used to it by now. Whenever I have to go to City Hall, I always make sure to dress up, and today was no exception; I wore my mint green shirt with a light pink tie and my black H&M slacks with my favorite black sportscoat. I tried to do my hair in the "postmodern pomp" that I saw in Details magazine but I think I need to get a haircut to really make that work.
Susan and another board member, also named Mike, met us in LaBonge's office and then they brought us back to the conference room. We were there to discuss three specific issues that we have been trying to get fixed in the Media District for varying lengths of time, all having to do with street conditions. I think the meeting went well and I hope that 2010 will be the year we can get these problems solved with the help of the Councilmember.
After the meeting, his deputy Nikki took me, Ron, and both Mikes up to the top of the City Hall tower. I had been there several years ago for a BID Consortium Meeting but I love the room and the view up there so much. We walked around the outside of it and took some pictures.
Tiger called me while we were there, so after I dropped Mike and Ron off back in Hollywood, I listened to his message and he said he was going to be in WeHo and wanted to see if we could grab a bite to eat. I called him back and we agreed to meet at Silver Spoon. Dylan had texted me earlier that he had been sent home from work sick again, so I went up to check on him before walking over to the Spoon.
I had Chicken Tortilla Soup and half a Ruben Sandwich, both of which were yummy. The prices are a little high at Silver Spoon but I really like the ambience, I don't know why. It's not fashionable or trendy but it just feels comforting to me. Tiger and I talked for quite awhile and then I walked him to his truck and went back home.
Dylan and I watched "Project Runway" and then he watched the episode of "How I Met Your Mother" with J Lo on it, so I watched it with him even though I had seen it last night. Then we watched the Saturday Night Live from the past weekend, with Zack Galifianakis as host; it was funny. Dylan hates the "What Up With That Sketch" but it's so absurd that I find it funny, and then I get the song stuck in my head and keep singing it, much to Dylan's chagrin.
I was texting with AJ's brother's friend, Matt, who is visiting and was at FUBAR, but I was too tired to go out.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 67
I found this bulletin board up on top the bookshelf in my bedroom and it was covered in dust to the point where it an almost everything on it was just ruined from the dust. It was gross. Anyway, this bulletin board used to be hanging up in the Dover and I would put my old movie stubs on it. So, these were the movie stubs: Mean Girls, Tarnation, White Chicks, Something's Gotta Give, Party Monster, X2, Fahrenheit 911, The Yes Men, Moulin Rouge. Quite the eclectic collection there, eh? Oh, also there was a stub of an airline ticket from LA to San Francisco, and a ticket to the 2002 Pacific Life Holiday Bowl in San Diego, where K-State played over the holidays when my whole family was here, so we had all driven down and met my Aunt Mary and some of our second cousins there. It was fun, and the only football game I've ever watched in the almost-ten years I've lived in LA.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!