Satellite Studios

I went to measure my new office because I was worried about how small it was, so I plotted it all out to scale on a piece of paper, and confirmed that there was no way that my desk and all my furniture and files would fit in there. I'm not sure exactly what to do.
We're scheduling a meeting with the councilmember so we made some headway on that, and then I scheduled an Advocacy Committee meeting for later in the month.
I stayed at work late because we had Shitting Glitter rehearsal at Satellite Studios in Silverlake so it wouldn't have made sense for me to drive home and then battle all that traffic heading east again.
When I got there, George gave me the bad news that they are closing very soon. I felt bad. Satellite was a great studio, and Shitting Glitter was one of it's first clients. I had found out about it online somehow, and they had offered the first session free so we gave it a try and found it to be a huge step above the studios we were used to rehearsing at, for about the same price. It was in an old office type building with a central room that had a vaulted stained glass skylight and a pool table, and then the rehearsal rooms were all painted a different bright color. We always liked to rehearse in Studio 3, which was blue and had different colored lights in it. The sound was excellent, the equipment top notch, and George and his staff were friendly and knowledgeable. We rehearsed their regularly when it was me, Brandon, and Amy but after the band exploded and we hired Alejandra as our drummer, we started rehearsing at her studio instead. It was very nice to be back there but then of course we learned that it would probably be the last time.
We ran through many songs, adding a few that we hadn't done before including "Guerilla," and "17" which is a song AJ wrote and had performed with her last two bands. We also tried to dust off our cover of "Danger! High Voltage" which we need to work back up again.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 60
My beloved Army tank top has been pretty much my favorite wardrobe item for the past few years and so I'm sure you've probably all seen it either in person or in photos. It was my go-to shirt if I didn't know what to wear, and it worked just as well out in a club as it did around the house. However, sadly it was becoming very raggedy and holes had been appearing all over. So, I had worn it under my shirt in the music video last weekend and it got stained with paint water. I tried to wash it, but the color did not come out. I haven't actually thrown it away yet, but I moved it to the rag drawer in the kitchen so it's as good as gone; I'm definitely never wearing it again. Sad.

Comments

swivek said…
"Heartbreaker", "dreammaker", "Lovetaker" - you know where I'm going with this right?

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!