Ice Cream, Tacos, Happy Birthday!

Today we went to Dylan's cousin Shannon's place in Brentwood for her girlfriend, Suzanne's birthday. We had walked over to French Market and Dorothy's Surrender (or whatever it's called now) to get a card and gift certificate for her. When we got there, quite a few people were already there but we weren't late by any means even though we thought we were. It was nice seeing Dylan's cousins and friends that we don't get to see too often even though we all live in LA.
After awhile the party moved outside where they were barbecuing and playing volleyball. It was a beautiful LA day and there were lots of children and puppies around. When it was finally time to eat, the food was delicious! Dylan's cousin Melissa was grilling and Shannon had prepared most of the food; there was carne asada, pork, and chicken and tortillas and stuff to make tacos. It was very nice.
On our way home, Dylan and I stopped at Diddy Reise which is the ice cream shop near UCLA where you get to pick your fresh baked cookie and ice cream for an ice cream sandwich which is delicious and very cheap - $1.50! I got oatmeal/raisin cookies with peanut butter ice cream.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 72
Indie Bible, 7th Edition. This was a book that I had bought online that was supposed to really help us with booking shows, getting radio airplay, and all those other elusive things that indie bands and musicians try to patch together themselves with little help from the outside world. I'm sure this book was a valuable resource for many, but for me, I'm much quicker just using the internet. Most of the information I found in the book was stuff I could have easily found online, although I do think maybe there were a couple things in there that I found that were cool. I remember that Corday was one of the images on the cover montage. Anyway, it's from a few years ago and I haven't cracked it for years so I got rid of it.

Comments

Scarlet said…
You can find anything on the internet!

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!