The Crazies

Dylan still is not feeling well so he stayed home from work again today. I told him to go to the Doctor but he said he thinks he is getting better.
After work, I met Bun at the TV Academy to see "The Crazies" which is a new remake of the horror film by George Romero from 1973 I believe. Dylan had rented the original movie awhile back when he heard about the remake, but I don't remember too much about it other than that I did enjoy it. The new version stars Timothy Olyphant who has been one of my favorite actors of the past couple decades, having been in two of my favorite films, Go!, and The Broken Hearts Club plus a ton of other stuff. In the new film, he plays the sheriff of a small town in Iowa called Ogden Marsh, where something strange starts happening to some of the townfolk. I love movies that are set in small towns especially when they show idyllic main street settings and farmsteads. I'm just a sucker for those! So, of course I was really into that part of the movie. The plot seemed to be similar to the original movie with quite a few major differences. The set up is similar but the actual events and perspective are considerably different, so I guess this is more of a "re-imagining" of the original. It was an enjoyable movie to watch and had enough tension, drama, and scary moments to keep me involved but all in all, there wasn't much in this film that hasn't been done a bunch of times before to just as good or better results.
On the drive home, I decided to just go to the apartment where the Oscar's party was on Sunday night to see if I could get my wallet, which I had been sorely missing since then. Luckily, the roommate was home and she let me in and gave me my wallet, sunglasses, and bandanna and showed me the pile of everything else people had left behind so I was glad I wasn't the only one, although I was the only one who left a wallet!
By the time I got home I was very tired but we did watch "Modern Family" which was a great episode about Phil's ex-girlfriend coming to visit after reconnecting with him on Facebook, and it was none other than Judy "Kitty Sanchez" Greer from Arrested Development, who is often quoted around our house for her famous line "Take a good look, 'cuz it's the last time you're gonna see these" as she flashed her breasts (which Dylan happily imitates).

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 68
Pink Paper, a gay UK magazine that I picked up when I was overseas back in 2003 for the Voice of the Beehive Reunion Tour and the Human League show at Sheffield City Hall. I took this magazine home for Dylan because it had an article about Kiki and Herb in it.

Comments

Scarlet said…
Finally caught up again. I hope Dylan is feeling better. Its Spring Break!!

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!