A Tiger in Hawaii

Today, Tiger came in to my office to tell me that he is leaving for Hawaii tomorrow! I'm so happy for him. He's going to Oahu, so I couldn't give him any pointers since I've only been to Maui myself, but I told him to check in with Brandon and Amy since they have both been to Honolulu. Anyway, Tiger had been next door to my work talking to Greytone about his upcoming exhibit there, so he had just dropped in to say 'hi' and 'goodbye' and I happened to be working late, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten to bid him adieu.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 86
"King For a Day" by the Thompson Twins, 7" single. Going through the stack of 45s the other day while happily DJ'ing at home, I found a few that I had doubles of so this is the first of that pile. "King For a Day" is a one of my favorite Thompson Twins singles and I remember as a kid, I used to order records from this guy who advertised in Goldmine named Roger Ott. He would include free gifts with every order, and often they were old 7" singles. I got my first copy from him and it has a picture cover with the three band members on front and Allanah is sitting in front of this mirror. In the mirror, there was a circle of stars with "$2" in the middle and for the longest time I thought it was part of the artwork, until I realized it was a price stamped on by some record store. At some point, I acquired another copy of this single that was in better shape, and didn't have the stamp on the cover, so I'm actually parting with my original copy which is actually kind of difficult because I do love to hang on to things with sentimental value.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!