Brandon's Birthday

Happy 31st Birthday to my brother, Brandon! Welcome to the 30+ club!
The workday went pretty well, and I went to work at Susan's house to pay bills and got to see her poor ol' dog, Forrest, who had been attacked by a wild animal the other day. He was laying on a blanket in the living room when I got there, so I was really worried about him. But later, he was up and around, and came and stood next to me in the office so I could pet him. Forrest is one of those dogs that I bonded with right away and he seems to know how much I love him. He always comes over to me and expects me to pet him, since I usually do, but when I stop he uses his paw to try to move my hand back onto his head! It's so cute.
I stupidly left my phone at Susan's house and didn't realize until after I got home. Carrie was supposed to be meeting me so I could let her in since she is staying with us now for a few days, but I had no way to contact her. I tried e-mailing and IM'ing Dylan on his Palm Pre but that didn't work. Luckily, Dylan got home soon and I just had him call Carrie. Then, I was so tired, I laid down on the bed and ended up falling asleep even though Dylan warned me that we should hurry and get ready to go to Brandon's birthday party.
Around 7pm I got up, and Dylan reminded me that the party started at 7:30 and was clear across town. So, I tried to get ready as best as I could being groggy from the nap.
We made it over to the Eagle Rock Brewery in pretty good time, so I made Dylan stop at this little Shim's store so I could get a card and some cash to put in the card. We still ended up being one of the first to arrive for that party. There was this food truck out front selling "gourmet" grilled cheese sandwiches, but the line was really long so we decided to go into the brewery and have some beer. It's a really cool little place and the people who are the bartenders are also the folks who run the brewer and make the beer! It made me want to open my own brewery, of course. How fun would that be.
Brandon and Angie had gotten several of the grilled cheese sandwiches, including a delicious one with brie and pear, and one with Mac & Cheese; Ben (the bassist in Invisible Material) had gotten his with Mac & Cheese plus bacon! We were fortunate that Angie and Brandon were willing to share theirs with us (they said they got too much) because when I finally got around to going back out to get our own, the truck was closing up due to "technical difficulties" and wasn't taking any more orders.
Quite a few people came out to help Brandon celebrate, which was nice... Ryan, Luther and Tiger all came, as did Rick & Melodie, Rebecca and Loren, Ben & Roxy, Robin & Michelle, and Adrienne and her man, who's name I forgot. Hopefully I didn't forget anyone; there were some other people there that I didn't know well. After the Brewery closed, we decided to move the party to The Griffin, which is a cool bar very close to their apartment. It turned out the Brewery was pretty close to them too which was weird since the directions I had printed online gave me such a weird route that I thought we were someplace else.
There was some silly drama at The Griffin because Brandon wasn't wearing sleeves. He was wearing a sleeveless tuxedo shirt, with a bow-tie and a vest, so it seemed a little ridiculous. They made him put on Tiger's coat in order to get in. Once inside, he eventually removed the coat only to have a bouncer say "didn't I tell you to wear that coat" or something threatening, telling him to put it back on. Luckily, Brandon wasn't gonna take that crap so he asked around until he found the manager, told him what was going on, and the manager apologized and said how fantastic Brandon's outfit was and bought him a drink!
Eventually, we left the bar and headed back to Brandon and Angie's apartment for the after-hours party until everyone was finally ready to call it a night. Dylan and I had drank a little too much so Luther agreed to drive us home even though it was so completely out of his way. He had been having really bad allergic reactions to the cats, so he said the fresh air and driving would do him good. Unfortunately, we realized once we got to his car that he had left his keys in the apartment. Of course, I didn't have my phone since I left it at Susan's, and Luther and Dylan's phones being those ultra-nifty iPhone and Palm Pre had both ran out of battery, so we had no way to contact Brandon or Angie and let us in. Dylan had to scale this fence that had sharp pointed iron tips on top, giving himself quite a bruise in the process, and right in front of a video camera which we noticed later. However, he was able to go get the keys and come back pretty quickly so we were on our way home soon enough.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 77
I love the number 77! Probably because it's the year I was born, but I also just like it. Anyway, today's castaway is a Taylor Publishing Journal in which I had tracked my assignments and logged my rehearsal time for my college piano class. I was very bad about rehearsing and I'm sure I fabricated many of the times that I wrote down in there. It was kind of interesting to see the songs that I used to play. It was also interesting that my high school journalism teacher's ex-husband's picture was in the book, advertising the Taylor Publishing Company, for whom he was a sales rep. I can't remember which company we used in high school or college, but it was such a big deal back then when I was yearbook editor. Of course there was Jasten's which was one of the main companies for yearbooks, and Taylor, but I think there was a third one that we used. Water under the bridge now, anyway.

Comments

Printed koozies said…
Your post 's so helpful for us . We are facing to some finance troubles in first steps for business! We will apply your suggestions . Hopefully some positive news will come to us ! Thanks a lot
Scarlet said…
Who the hell is Koozies? God, r u getting spam on your blog, cuz I get it all the time on my school page! Really tics me off. Anyway, your night was very interesting. I burst out laughing at the explanation of the end of your evening...the keys, the phones, the video camera! What a trainwreck. Glad you had fun with Brandon, though.

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!