Working from home and on the home

I worked from home most of the day, so I had my laptop with me and I was preparing for our Advocacy Committee meeting at 4pm. I had a message on the work phone from Susan that her dog, Forrest, had been attacked by some wild animal and she was taking him to the vet, so she didn't think she could make the meeting. I had already made arrangements with her assistant, Diana, to have her make the meeting packets since I couldn't access my copy machine. So, Diana drove down to my apartment to give me the copies. At 3pm, I went in to my office to see if the carpet was installed, and to get ready for the meeting. As I walked in, the carpet layers said "all done" so I walked inside and sure enough, both rooms of my office were filled with new carpet and that new carpet smell! I was so happy, but I only had a little while before the meeting so I had to rush over to the Musician's Union to get set up.
The meeting got off to a bit of a late start but once we got going it was fine. It was over by 5:30 but I wanted to go back to my office and set my desk up, even though I knew I had a lot of work to do at home to get ready for our St. Patrick's Dinner Party.
My new desk proved to be more difficult to set up than I had anticipated. It was pretty hot in my office too, and I was about to give up when finally it started coming together. It's very, very small, though. I locked up and headed home.
I really wanted to finish painting the bedroom, so luckily while I was doing that, Dylan went to the grocery store to get everything I needed to make the Corned Beef Brisket and Cabbage tomorrow.
I worked until pretty late at night, but in the end, we finished painting the bedroom and put everything back together again (I had to move a bookshelf and my computer desk).

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 74
VHS tape, "Dr. Devious - More Dance In Cyberspace." This was some oddity that Tiger gave me once for Yuletide I believe (could have been my birthday maybe). There were just these primitive computer graphics accompanied by music, very trance-inducing, kind of similar to that show AMP that used to air on MTV back when trance was sort of really popular underground. Anyway, he got me this tape so I could use the footage in my video editing, and I ended up using it for the green screen backgrounds for the unofficial video to Shitting Glitter's "Trance Ego" from the Sidesaddle Sweet Talk CD.

Comments

Scarlet said…
I'm exhausted just reading about everything you have been doing!

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!