Hi and Goodbye Party

I got up a little before noon and was less hungover than I thought I'd be, but still felt pretty crappy. I felt bad since Carrie was here and I had slept in so late, I know she's an early riser so she must have just been hanging out waiting for us to get up.
Anyway, I made some breakfast burritos for brunch so that made things better. I had some turkey spam, so I combined it with some green onions, garlic, blue cheese, cheddar cheese and red bell pepper, then put the eggs in and put them in tortillas which I then grilled in a pan. They were good.
Dylan's mom called and I guess she was bored and wanted to come over. Dylan told her we were already going to a party, for Robin & Michelle's housewarming, but she just sort of invited herself to come with us. So, after she came over we all got ready and headed over there, stopping at Target so I could run up and buy a couple nice towels as a housewarming gift (Robin and I had talked about this night before at Brandon's party).
Their new apartment is over in Koreatown in a really big building, with a courtyard that has a pool, hot tub, and grill area, which is where the party was. It was also a going away party for Moses and his boyfriend, Michael Jordan, as they are moving to Hong Kong. I will really miss Moses. We first met him when he was dancing at Chi Chi LaRue's Dirty Deeds club at Fubar, which Dylan and I used to go to almost every Wednesday. Moses was our favorite dancer and we both had crushes on him. He was always so sweet to us, too. So, it was quite funny when I ended up joining Invisible Material and it turned out that Moses was Robin's roommate. So we got to know Moses as a person, not just a dancer, and it turns out he's pretty much the perfect guy: smart, funny, attractive, friendly, amazing body; it's almost insane just how perfect he is and that he's still a complete sweetheart and good person. LA is losing a true gem.
Robin and Michelle's new apartment was really nice, too. It is furnished very tastefully and has great hard wood floors and a very sunny vibe. I think they will be very happy there. It is a big step for any couple to move in together so I wish them the best.
Carrie, Dylan and I swam in the pool and hot tub for awhile, with Dylan's mom enjoying the sun and watching us in the pool, and then we all had hot dogs and hamburgers. A girl, Tamisha, who is a friend of Robin's who has also done boot camp a few times with us, was there and told me that she also saw me playing with Shitting Glitter at the Transgiving event recently and hadn't put it together right away that I was also in Boot Camp (and in Invisible Material). Later, Luther and Tony both arrived, but Brandon and Angie never did show up... I guess they were still recovering from the birthday party.
After the party, we went home and we watched Tracey Ullman's State of the Union which Dylan had got on DVD through net-flix. We had already seen some of then on screeners but it was worth another look. I think our favorite character is when she does the Indian pharmacist who delivers her prescriptions by breaking out into a bollywood-style musical number. Also, I love when she does David Beckham, and her Dina Lohan is hilarious.
Everyone was getting hungry so I made my own Bacon/Mac & Cheese grilled cheese sandwiches which were delicious!
After watching some more TV shows, we set up the air mattress for Dylan's mom, and Carrie slept on the couch.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 78
"Last Seen Alive" by Dorothy Simpson, a Luke Thanet Mystery (Novel). I think this was another one of those books I picked up free in the lobby of our old apartment building, the Dover. I got it because I like mysteries, and it was a hard cover that had a drawing of a quaint little English street scene. I think I ended up reading it in the summer of 2008 and it was a good enough read but nothing you'd need to go and hunt down.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!