The Baub Show and the Sassy Show

I tried to do some work at home since my office is in disarray, but I had to go in to finish moving everything into a completely different room. Almost everything is carpeted now on my floor except for my office and the hallway around my office. So, I had a couple of my security guys come over to help me move the heavy stuff down the hall into one of the finished offices so that my office can get re-carpeted tomorrow.
I had to rush to get ready when I got home because not only did we have a show later tonight, but we also were doing a radio interview for The Baub Show (www.thebaubshow.c0m). We've known Baub for a long time, because he is good friends with Eric who used to dance for us, and I think he was roommates with Denny at one point if I remember correctly. He had had an internet radio show for awhile now, which I've known about because he's interviewed Tiffany a couple times on there. I see him at almost every Tiffany show I go to.
Anyway, Amy wanted to do the interview at the Abbey which probably wasn't the best idea since it's so loud there, and they picked a table right on the street. So, when it was time to call in, for some reason I guess they couldn't really hear me, possibly because I was right next to Amy and AJ and we all had our phone calling in, but also just because of all the street noise. I tried going to the park to talk but everytime I would say "hello... can you hear me?" no one would say anything, so I assumed they couldn't hear me. Marc told me later though that he could hear me, so I must have sounded like an idiot, and I still don't know why no one acknowledged that I was there. I went back to the table and we decided just to use Amy's phone since for whatever reason it seemed to be working better than mine. I was able to get in on the conversation a little, and Baub specifically asked me about my lifelong love for Tiffany so I talked about that for awhile. Amy also got some good information about www.queerthecensus.org out there, which was great. Amy tries to say she is not political or an activist, but she was right on top of it with this information which is really important because the census is still not tracking gay people and queer households like it needs to.
After the interview concluded, we had to load our stuff in to Here Lounge quickly because we were going to do a soundcheck, although that never really came to pass. Here Lounge is right next to the Abbey and it's a really popular place. We had our CD release party and show there in November which had turned out great. We weren't really sure what to expect tonight, as it was a Monday and part of the Sassy Show. Apparently, there was some trouble with the satellite feed of "RuPaul's Drag Race" which they wanted to show at 9pm and then have us perform at 10pm before the Sassy Show (a drag show) started. But, Drag Race didn't start until 9:30 so everything was already running late. At 10:30, we took the stage and there was a really good crowd there, but since they had just watched Drag Race and were about to see a real drag show, we realized we were not the main draw and shortened our set to 3 songs. My microphone didn't work during the entire first song so that was kind of a bummer. Also, Red couldn't make it to the show cause she had to work, and AJ and Amy had gotten in a big fight so it was kind of a weird show, but people seemed to like us and it went over well.
I hid my stuff under the stage cause I didn't want to have to deal with moving my car (I had paid $8 to park in a lot) or loading everything through the crowd, so I went with Ben to Chi Chi LaRue's which is a sex store. I didn't get anything there, though. I was really hungry, so we met up with Dylan and Marc and went to Pizza Rustica, which is a fairly new pizza joint on the boulevard. It was really yummy and the pieces are so huge, they are cut into 6 smaller slices.
Then, Marc and I went to Motherlode where Viktor, Jason, and Brent were so we had a drink there before going back to Here Lounge so I could get my stuff after the Sassy Show ended. By this time it was around 1am so I just loaded my stuff up and then I drove Marc and Viktor home. It was late, but I was just working from home tomorrow because of the carpeting in my office.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 73
CD-R of tunes by Duran Duran and Arcadia. I had made this back in the Napster days. Right when Napster was blowing up, I was in college and had access to high-speed internet and so I made a lot of mix CD's of songs that I had never bought mainly because I never had enough money to spend on music, and also because a lot of things that I was into were hard to come by in western Kansas. I was going through a really big Duran Duran resurgence at the time as well, and had tried getting into Arcadia via these songs I downloaded, but they never really moved me until years later when I had moved to LA and was visiting my friend Denny in Reno. Since then, I've gone ahead and bought the Arcadia album on Vinyl and I think CD too, and of course now I have all of Duran Duran's albums, so there is no point in having this CD-R anymore.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!