Ben's Place

Today was pretty stressful at work. I think I've mentioned that there is a lot of stuff going on at Red Studios, where my office is located (they are very generous and donate the space to me, since they are part of the Media District). So I was going to have to move offices. I had gotten an appointment with AT&T for them to come out and move my phone lines into the new office, and I've been getting my stuff packed up to move and also trying to consolidate and get rid of a lot of the stuff I've been keeping that I really don't need. One time Susan's assistant Tracey told me not to throw anything away and since then I pretty much haven't; even before then, I tended to hold on to everything anyway. In going through a lot of files and piles, though, I've discovered a lot of duplicated information as well as stuff that I really don't need to save, like other BID's newsletters from years ago and brochure from city programs that no longer even exist.
I got news today that I wouldn't be moving my office after all, but that they would be re-carpeting my office over the weekend so I needed to get everything ready for them to move all my stuff out of the room while they did that, so I tried to empty out the desk drawers and get everything else that wasn't already put away into a box or a file so that there were no loose ends. I ended up having to stay late to get it all taken care of.
After work, we were supposed to rehearse at Ben's in Reseda at 7pm which I knew would be pushing it as I didn't even get home until a quarter to six. I had to put the new head on my bass drum and pack the drums into my car; I ended up being about 15 minutes late to rehearsal because traffic was predictably horrific. Once I got there, it was all good. We set up in Ben's house in a spare room which he had converted to a rehearsal space. We started working on a new song that Robin had an idea for which is going to be our most hard-rockin' song. We messed around with that one for awhile and then started going through our set, but at one point Roxy came in and said "I just met the neighbor", meaning that he had come over to complain about the noise. We had already agreed to end at 9pm, which she told him, and he seemed fine with apparently, but it kind of bummed us out as we thought it was such a good (and free!) rehearsal space. Perhaps we did get a little louder than we really should have been. Hopefully next time we can keep it down a bit, and keep the peace.
Afterward, we hung out for awhile in Ben's bar and Roxy offered us dinner which was super fantastic cause I was so hungry, and not looking forward to eating fast food on the way home or trying to scrounge up something from the fridge - I mentioned that I had been eating left over potato salad from the video shoot all week! She made us spaghetti and had black truffles *yum* that she grated on top of it. It was delicious.
I dropped Robin off; he recently moved to Koreatown so it was quite the trip I had made from my house to Reseda, to Robin's and back home. Tiger lives really close to Robin's new place so I called him to see what he was doing but got no answer; it was after 11pm by this time. When I got home, Dylan was still not feeling too well; he had actually gone to work but his boss told him he should go home around noon so he had been at home almost all day. We were watching TV and I think I fell asleep on the couch, I was so tired I don't remember.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 63
Blue and brown silk tie, with a drawing of a saxophone player with a green music staff and notes coming out of it. I've actually had this since high school, so I have a sentimental attachment to it as I remember wearing it at at least one of my jazz band performances back then. I am really surprised I still have it because it's stained and in pretty bad shape, so I don't know why I've held on to it so long since it's too ragged to actually wear.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!