Run for your life

Dylan left for work, and for some reason I thought I heard our building manager come in to fix the garbage disposal in the kitchen sink. I swore I heard someone unlock and open the door, and the poke around in the kitchen. But, when I got home later in the day, the disposal still didn't work and it didn't look like anyone had been messing around with it. I told Dylan and he said they would have rang the doorbell before coming in. Is it possible that I dreamed that I heard those noises? Or did I just hear something outside and think it was that?
This afternoon I went to LAYN - Los Angeles Youth Network - to tour the facility and meet the new executive director, Matt. He's only been there 6 months but they told him part of his job would be to head the Y!MBY Committee and since that's the group that puts on Connect Day, we decided to meet so we could start making preliminary plans for the event this year. I told him that most likely we will be pushing it back to fall, and I also stressed how I wanted to move it to Santa Monica Blvd. so that we can have a chance at it in the Media District and hopefully I can get lots of our stakeholders involved.
Dylan did a market research study tonight, getting paid $75 the jerk! He just had to watch previews for a movie that's coming out soon because they wanted to tweak the previews to appeal to more people. When he got home, he had brought me a tuna salad from Roman's in the valley. I stopped eating meat yesterday! I guess I should have mentioned that. So, I'm going vegetarian, or rather pescetarian for awhile (I'm not giving up seafood). My sister went on a pescetarian diet and lost weight, which is one thing I want to accomplish but I also want to curb the heartburn and stomach problems I've been having lately, which I'm sure is caused by eating too much red meat and poultry, in addition to my excessive drinking, which I'll also cut back on.
But, the BEST thing I did tonight was go for a run! I haven't been on a run, or done any other kind of exercise, for way too long but now I just feel ready to get back into it. I feel like a big, fat sloth and I just need to do something about it. I ran down Fairfax to Beverly and headed towards LaCienega before I got tired and had to walk awhile, but I made myself start jogging again whenever I could for as long as I could, up to Santa Monica Blvd. and then back home. It felt awesome to be out in the night air, running through the city and listening to my mp3 player.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 81
"The Private Diary of Lyle Menendez: In His Own Words" (Novel). This is definitely a book I had picked up at the Dollar Tree. I read it right away, too. I had been fascinated by the Menendez brothers, and I'm a little ashamed to admit that part of it was because I thought they were hot. The book was pretty interesting. The lady who helped him write the book was staying at this hotel in the valley right by the 101 and the 405, which I used to drive by all the time when lived out in Winnetka, so it always made me think of the Menendez brothers. Anyway this guy was pretty messed up in the head but it was difficult to know what things he was telling the truth about and which things he was fabricating. Honestly though, I don't remember too much about it anymore as it's been almost 10 years since I read it.

Comments

Scarlet said…
Good for you, its always nice to make healthy changes! Good luck with the diet and the running.

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!