Nurse Jackie

There was this homeless count today in Hollywood as part of the 2010 Census that I really meant to and was wanting to help out with but I was just so frazzled by work and everything lately that I ended up just deciding to stay in the office and work.
I did get the newsletter done so that was a big relief.
When I got home, I spent a lot of time working on the computer trying to get it fixed, but nothing I did worked. I tried to reinstall the system from the CD, which it at least let me try to do, but I left and came back later hoping it was finished and it said it could not complete the installation.
I was so frustrated so I finally just gave up. Dylan and I watched a few episodes of Nurse Jackie. He had gotten the last disc of Season 1 from netflix, as we had seen most of the season when we had gotten a free preview of HBO and Showtime on our cable and we DVR'ed most of them. So, now we got caught up to the end of season one. Dylan was very lucky to get a screener DVD of the entire Season 2, which just started airing, so we started watching that. I really love the show, and normally I don't care much for hospital dramas. But to me, this one is different because the patients and the injuries and the whole hospital setting is more just the background; the real focus of the show is Jackie herself, her decisions, her family and her struggles. She's a fascinating character and you always want to know what she's going to do next, and she often surprises. She gets herself in a lot of predicaments and it's interesting to see how she gets out of them and the lengths she goes to in order to keep her life in check. I also love all the other characters, including her hot husband who runs a bar, and the British doctor played by Eve Best. I was pretty irritated though, that they got rid of Momo, the gay nurse, in season two for no good reason.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 87
"The Love Parade" by Dream Academy 7" single. This is another duplicate. I ordered my original copy from some catalog back when I was probably in junior high and the artwork says the b-side is "Girl in a Million" but when I pulled the record out of the sleeve, it was a stupid promo copy that just had the remix single version on one side and the album version on another. I was so bummed. Recently I found the real 7" single cheap at some record store, so I'm getting rid of my original promo copy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!