Eating In and Eating Out

Nothing too special today, other than my brother got his new 8 track digital recorder which he is really excited about. At work, I finished the Spring 2010 Newsletter and sent it to Susan, so that felt good. I worked on that most of the day although I had other projects going on too.I stopped at Ralph's on the way home, calling my mom while I was driving since I didn't get a chance to talk to her over the weekend. At Ralph's I got the rest of the stuff I needed to make Shrimp Mole tacos. Since I had already made chicken mole tacos recently, it was really easy, and I already had Mexican White Shrimp from Trader Joe's that had been in the freezer for awhile. So I got shredded cabbage, scallions, and cilantro as well as rice (I already had beans at home since I always have a few cans of different kinds in stock). I got an avocado and some plain greek yogurt. I was really proud of myself cause I invented my own sauce. I wanted my shrimp tacos to be like the ones at Del Taco which have some sort of a tangy sauce. So, I put a chipotle bullion cube, chopped cilantro, lemon juice, pepper, and some onions in with the yogurt and mixed it up really good. It ended up being great and Dylan loved the dinner. Afterwards, we watched the movie "Eating Out 3: All You Can Eat." I have to take a minute here and say how much I've enjoyed this trilogy of raunchy gay comedy films. I remember back when I first came out and I just wished that movies showed what life was like for gay people in a good way (not like in a Tom Hanks in Philadelphia way). I discovered several gay indie films at my local grocery store/video rental hut and my brother and I would watch them and even though a lot of them were really cheap, with not great acting or production qualities, I loved watching them. But, queer cinema has really made leaps and bounds and "Another Gay Movie" came out and was really what I wished that "American Pie" would have been. I had heard some bad reviews of the first "Eating Out" movie but ended up checking it out and was pleasantly surprised by it. It was dirty and hilarious but also sweet and romantic. But the second movie, "Eating Out 2: Sloppy Seconds" was even BETTER than the first! It was just really, really funny and cute. I don't know how it took me so long to finally see the third one, but it was just as good as the last two. Rebekah Kochan is just brilliant in her role in all three movies, I just love her. I think I see her at the beginning and think, oh this bitch is gonna be annoying, but then somehow she effortlessly steals every scene and has the best lines and the best comedic timing. I'm really surprised she has not been in more things, especially gay stuff like Big Gay Sketch Show or even SNL. Hopefully her career will take her places because she definitely deserves to be seen on the screen.Oh, and of course Mink Stole was great in it as she was in the last one, and the new guy, Chris Salvatore, was completely hot. I thought I recognized him and so I googled him and it turned out he had just performed at Here Lounge in January because he's a singer/songwriter and I had seen him on the flyer for that. I have to check out his music now.After that, I worked a little on "Not in a Million Years" before going to bed. I couldn't get to sleep forever and I think I ended up starting to write a new song called "So Dystopian" while tossing and turning.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 82
Black Mossimo Cargo shorts. I don't know where these came from, but since they're a size 31 I know they are not mine, and Dylan said he didn't wear them.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks so much for your very kind words about our little movie. Glad you liked it so much, especially Rebekah Kochan, who deserves all the accolades and success she has coming to her. She's a wonderful person and a total, genius pro. Chris Salvatore is definitely one to watch - am so proud of discovering him and casting him in his first film...a gorgeous, sweet guy. All the best to you - Glenn

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!