Brick Red

Today I woke up at 7am and called Salvation Army to see what time they were coming to pick up my old desk. The recording told me they would be there between 9am and noon, so I just went back to sleep and got up at the regular time to go to work.
I parked and started walking to my office when I saw that the Salvation Army truck was already there so I started running. I got there and told them to follow me upstairs to my office. When we got up there, the driver looked at the other guy and they said it was a really big desk and that I'd have to have it moved down to the curb before they would take it. I said I could do that, thinking they meant right then, but then they turned to leave, and told me to call them to come back tomorrow. So, I said I would.
My Business Watch meeting was at noon and we had guests from Project Archangel, LAPD's counter terrorism unit. They had a lot of information about counter terrorism and some good questions from our stakeholders.
After that I ran to Wal-Mart (I know, I know!) to pick up some stuff for our bathroom to match the new paint and color scheme.
I was so excited after work to get home and start painting the bathroom. Unfortunately, I thought we had a scraper, so I didn't buy one, but the "little mermaid" wallpaper border (it's not really Little Mermaid, just cartoon undersea creatures) was impossible to get off, so Dylan had to run to Anawalt and buy a scraper for me. While he was doing that, I taped everything and prepared. He got home and brought us Del Taco for dinner so we ate and then I got back to work. With the new scraper he got me, it went very quickly. After I got the walls scraped and prepared, I took a break to watch "Community." It was Family Day at the college and Jeff was falling for Pierce's ex-step-daughter, who Pierce had basically bribed to come be his family visitor. It was pretty funny.
I started painting and it went pretty fast. Once I was done with the first coat, I took a break to watch 30 Rock and let the paint dry. The 30 Rock episode was hilarious of course, and Liz discovers that she met her "future husband" while she was at her dentist's office getting work done instead of celebrating valentine's day. But, she was loopy from the anesthetic so she didn't remember anything about the guy. It turned out to be the actor who played Frost in "Frost/Nixon" who I think is a great actor.
As I was doing the second coat (and I had imbibed a few cocktails by this point) I realized I was running short on paint - the can was quickly becoming empty and I still had lots of area to cover. I started thinking I wouldn't have enough to finish. I tried to just hit the spots that really needed it, and then I sealed up the can with a little left in it, so that I could touch it up after it was completely dry.
By the time I finished cleaning up, it really was time for bed... it was actually long past time, as I didn't get in bed until near 1am.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 69
I don't even know how I ended up with these, but I found a bag of Bingo cards from my friend David in Scotland. David works as a Bingo caller (actually, now he manages Bingo halls) near Glasgow and has come to visit a couple times and stayed with us. He must have brought a bag of Bingo cards to give to people but I ended up with the whole bag in a kitchen cabinet. I've got real souvenirs that he has given us so I tossed out the bag of bingo cards.

Comments

Scarlet said…
I am already way behind again...but I can finish reading this weekend...Yay, its FRIDAY!!!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!