Yamashiro Farmers Market

I had a Visit Hollywood meeting at the Roosevelt Hotel at 11 am, which was nice. It was funny because I hadn't been in that room at the Roosevelt since Mary Lou took me to some event there back in the days. It's funny how, after Mary Lou left, I became somewhat disconnected from the Hollywood people up on Hollywood Blvd., because it had been her that had been so involved and always taking me places and getting me to be part of the community. It's nice to feel like I'm back in the swing.
After we had our lunch, which was really good, I said goodbye to the new people I met and the girls from the Chamber that I was sitting with, and I headed towards Atwater to pick Adrienne up. Brandon and Angie both had to work, so she was at their apartment by herself. I picked her up and brought her to my new office, and then we walked to Space 15 Twenty so she could have lunch at Umami Burger. I had already eaten so I just got onion rings to snack on. So much for only having salads for lunch this week (also, I haven't worked out at all).
After that I took her to Hollywood & Highland so she could shop while I went back to work.
When the workday was over, Brandon met me in my office and we then met Angie at the parking lot on Hollywood and LaBrea so we could take the shuttle up to the Yamashiro's farmers market; Dylan and Adrienne were already there as Dylan had ridden the subway and met her at Hollywood & Highland, where they were filming a movie with Justin Timberlake although Adrienne somehow missed seeing him.
The farmers market was really cool!!! There were a lot of people there and different foods and drinks. We got a table and seating area in the pagoda bar area, right above the pool. Sarah from work was there with Kent from the Fashion District BID so I talked to them for awhile and then before they went off to get some tacos (the Korean BBQ taco stall is very popular - the line was so long we decided not to attempt it and got crepes instead).
We stayed there until the sun went down and then we decided to head over to Dillon's Irish Pub. They were having a launch party for BarTab, a new app where you can send your friends $1 drinks. So to celebrate they had $1 drinks, and $1 food items. At first it was annoying because it was so crowded but once we staked out our own little area and started getting our dollar items, it was pretty fun. The manager was there, who I know from my job, and she seemed really happy that we came.

Comments

aes9999 said…
Such a fun night!
Scarlet said…
All sounds fun, love the pic!

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!