Happy Birthday, Ronnie!

Today is my uncle Ronnie's birthday! Happy birthday!
I went across the street to Dillon's Irish Pub to meet the manager there, she had e-mailed me and wanted to say 'hi' since she knew Katie before me. I took a copy of the Visitor's Map and Guide, hoping that I could get them to advertise, but she said they were not interested.
After work, Dylan was going to meet me at Bodega Wine Bar, a new place in the Sunset & Vine BID, in the Sunset Vine Tower. As I was waiting for him, I stopped in the Borders books and perused the Belinda Carlisle autobiography, "Lips Unsealed," which I am sure I'll have to read someday soon.
Then, Dylan was right across the street so we went to Bodega, which was really nice. Their whole philosophy is making wine accessible to everyone without any snobbery. Almost all their wines are priced the same (the house wine being a bit cheaper, and the premium wines a bit more, but still all the same price) and they let you sample them before you buy a glass. The bartender was super friendly and the food was good too. But there was this annoying guy who was being really loud, talking to the bartenders and just being a "d" word (I don't like typing that word). Other than that, it was great.
Then we went to Amoeba to watched "Flipped," a new movie by Rob Reiner. It wasn't a movie we would normally rush out to see at the ArcLight on opening night; it's a feel-good retro film about a boy and girl in the 50's who fall in love over the course of their childhood. It was fun and cute and all, but the real reason why we went to see it was to support Reiner, since he was one of the people who put together the money to hire Olson and Boies to overturn Prop 8, so we wanted to support his support of us. I thought it was hilarious that probably a bunch of conservative assholes went to see this film and lauded it for it's family values and down-home goodness - little did they know they were supporting gay rights! Ah ha ha ha!
After the movie was over, we went to Marc's house to hang out with him and Robert. We went out to the Blvd. to hand out flyers for Club Blender and had a few drinks at Motherlode.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 216
OK Magazine, British, May 7 2007. I kept the cover and an article, both of which were about Mel B and her daughter, Angel Iris, who had just been born; the article focuses on how Eddie Murphy was the father.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!