CPRR

Kevin called while I was at work to say he was back from visiting his family and so he was going to go to our apartment. I told him that would be fine and I would be home soon.
We had planned on going to Cut & Paste Rock & Roll in Long Beach which Annie was putting on at DiPiazza's. I might have mentioned that Shitting Glitter played at the first CPRR and had a good show, and got featured in the District Weekly, which is like Long Beach's version of LA Weekly. I really wanted to go and support Annie, and also a few of the acts that were performing - my friend Wendy Ho, Jasten's band Nancy Fullforce, and my friend Kalil aka MetaHuman was performing the track I helped produce, "So Pomo." But Kevin was beat from driving all over today (he went from Santa Barbara to Orance County back to West Hollywood) and Dylan had to work some event at the Academy, and I really was not up for driving to Long Beach by myself, and I didn't want to spend any money either.
I ended up just staying home by myself watching movies and stuff which was actually fun. Sometimes I like the feeling of being at home on a Friday night, hearing everyone outside walking to parties and bars and just feeling safe and comfortable at home. It reminds me of how lucky I am to live in West Hollywood and how I've accomplished so much in my life that ten years ago I was just dreaming of. I remember when I lived in Winnetka in the studio apartment just wishing that someday I would have a boyfriend and we'd live in West Hollywood together!
Kevin came home a couple times in between places - he had a bunch of people he wanted to see tonight. His last stop was going to be Miss Kitty's and he was trying to figure out the easiest way to get there without driving. I realized I needed to go get groceries to make brunch in the morning so I told him I'd just drive him there and then I'd go shopping. I dropped him off and then went to Ralph's on the way back home, but I got stuck in Hollywood Friday Night Traffic and actually didn't mind at all - I liked driving around, seeing all the people out and about, and not being in any particular hurry.

Comments

Scarlet said…
Ahhhh, I'm so glad your dreams of having a boyfriend and living in Weho came true, how sweet!
Brandonbodt said…
I likey this post a lot.

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!