Get Outta My Way

My Kylie Minogue cover ("Get Outta My Way") has been getting lots of plays on my SoundCloud page. I posted it to an LGBT musician's group, so I think that's where most of the plays must be coming from, although I also posted it on Facebook so some of them might be coming from there. I'm getting really excited about my gig coming up. I'm not sure if I mentioned this yet (I probably did), but I talked my friend, DJ Rawburt, into letting Kevin and I perform at his Club Blender this Saturday night at the Palms. I know I have bitched about the Palms before, and have probably told many people that I would NEVER play there again, but this is different since it's a solo show, and since it's Club Blender. Also, as much as I have a love/hate relationship with the Palms, it is a place that I have spent A LOT of time at, have had MANY great memories there, and it will always be a part of me. So, in a way, it's kind of fitting that I would have my first solo show there. Plus, it's where Shitting Glitter had it's first gig in West Hollywood, and of course it's right down the street from our apartment.
Work was pretty non-eventful, I got lunch at Trader Joe's and just ate in the office.
I was on the computer at night before bed, and started chatting with Heimir from Reykjavik; he's the director of Reykjavik Gay Pride. He was telling me what a wild summer he had been having, just got back from Montreal and then had their pride there in Iceland. He mentioned that he is started a new gay event in Iceland that will be in the winter time, so I told him about my music and he asked me to send him my songs.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 221
"The Great Electroclash Swindle" Non Stop Mix CD by Mount Sims, case only. This was a CD I bought in the height of electroclash mania, but I don't know what happened to the disc. I don't remember really ever listening to it when I did have it, but the cover was cool.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!