The Scmemmys 2010

We all three got up and I made brunch - Biscuits and Gravy, Bacon, and Eggs. I was surprised and happy that Kevin actually ate all his food. He's gotten so skinny and I have barely seen him eat anything since he's been here. Plus I thought he might be one of those people that doesn't like to eat food unless it comes from a restaurant; I know he doesn't cook himself much if at all.
Dylan and I were going to the Creative Arts Emmys today, which Kathy Griffin affectionately dubbed "the Schmemmys" when she hosted it a year or two ago. Of course we waited until the last minute to get our outfits ready so we went shopping to get everything. We went to the Marc Jacobs accessories store first because Dylan wanted a bowtie. I ended up getting this little broken heart compact mirror for Kevin since he had been borrowing Dylan's Dior Makeup case to use as a mirror when styling his hair (which he did about 20 times per day).
Then we went to the Goodwill so I could get a new suit. I'm still pretty cheap about things like that, although I hope someday soon I will have enough money to buy decent new clothes. Anyway, I found a great used black suit there for only $20, it was a Nordstrom suit and was still on the Nordstrom hanger which was a good sign that whoever owned it took good care of it. Dylan also found me some Kenneth Cole black dress shoes which were one size too big but only $10 so I bought them and figured I'd just wear 2 pairs of socks (which ended up actually working).
Then we went to the Beverly Center because we both needed new dress shirts. I found this cool Alfani striped shirt that had a really small collar - Dylan had just been telling me about the new style of shirts with the small collars, but I had never seen them before. I found this one on sale for $8 - I really know how to find a bargain. In all, my nice new outfit cost less than $50!
We went home and got dressed. I gave Kevin his gift and he really appreciated it.
Dylan didn't really want to see the entire show so we left in time to just make it to the last 30 minutes or so. Walking up to the Nokia Theatre we saw John Lithgow holding his Emmy that he had just won for best guest actor in a drama, for Dexter - we are SO behind on that show, but I knew he had been in last season. When we walked in, the first thing we saw was Neil Patrick Harris onstage accepting his Emmy for best guest star in a comedy, when he was Bryan Ryan on Glee, so we were thrilled about that! We saw some other cool wins and then the show was over very quickly, so we headed over to the Governor's ball and walked right by the lovely Ms. Wanda Sykes, whose stand up special, "I'ma Be Me" was nominated.
Upon entering the Governor's Ball, the first person we see, again, is Neil Patrick Harris, posing for pictures! I probably should have just snapped a shot of him, but I'm so leery of whipping out a camera in front of celebrities. Part of it is my pride - I don't want to look like some star-struck schmuck, and part of it is I really empathize with celebs who have cameras stuck in their faces all day. I try to give them a break.
Then we walked right past Alan Cumming, who was wearing a really cool tartan suit.
It was a really fabulous night. Dylan and I had a great time and enjoyed the meal and the free drinks. We danced a bit and walked around taking lots of pictures like it was our own personal photo shoot.
When we got home, Kevin was there and we hung out, Dylan put the Disney cartoon "Robin Hood" in so we watched that. Kevin went out to Silver Spoon to eat while we were watching and he ran into Luther and Andrew at FUBAR, but was back before the movie was over and we all went to bed.

Comments

Scarlet said…
Yay! YOu blogged!!! Enjoyed your post and wondered if you saw the Lady Gaga episode of Glee? I haven't seen the episode with Neil Patrick Harris, have to go to Hulu to watch it! The new season starts next week!
Devin Tait said…
We have seen EVERY episode of Glee so far, and looking forward to the next season.

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!