Home Sweet Home?

I had to be at the Street Closure Committee meeting at 9am over on Western and Hollywood Blvd. at the CD 13 field office. It was my first time at the committee so I was just kind of getting the hang of it. It's a monthly meeting where we review all the applications for full street closures of Hollywood Blvd., a response to the increasingly overwhelming amount of requests in recent years for movie premieres, filming, marches and protests, etc. I was really excited about the proposed premiere party for Tron: Legacy, scheduled for December at the El Capitan. More on that later.
I had gotten an e-mail at work about some real estate in Hollywood here in the District, and upon clicking through, I saw some other residential listings, one in particular that caught my eye was a house down near Santa Monica Blvd. and Wilcox. Of course I got completely obsessed with it and ended up driving by after work. I called my mom a couple of times, and Dylan, to tell them about it and try and see if there was any possibility of us being able to buy it. In the end, it turned out the house already had an offer on it, and even if it didn't we really don't have even half the money we would need for the down payment, but it did seem much more realistic than ever before in my life. I always thought buying a house in Hollywood would just be a pipe dream, but if I can really save some money up in the next few years then it could be a possibility.
I did send an e-mail to Robin last night in an attempt to sum up some of the issues within the band and to ask that we all meet to discuss before anything else. He had called last night but obviously between being at Prime Time until late and the excitement/drama of the Prop 8 overturning, I couldn't get back to him. So I talked to him tonight and let him know what was going on. He said he would think about things and let us know what he wanted to do next.
Other than that, I worked a lot on music tonight since I had the place to myself until Dylan finally got home from working late and brought me food. I finished a mix of "Bridge to Nowhere" that I'm pretty happy with so I'm going to turn it over to Brandon to finish. I also got further on a new mix of "Modern Life," the song I recorded ages ago with Mary White - geez, it was two Yuletides ago. Time goes by way too fast.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 215
The Word, British Magazine, date unknown. I clipped an article about Clare Grogan from Altered Images.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!