Detox

It's always so hard to go back to work after a great weekend.
I had a lunch meeting with Sarah in my office, Jim who took my old job at the Media District, and Lydia, who is a community activist and formerly the Beautification chair of the Central Hollywood Neighborhood Council. We met at Tender Greens and ate out on the back patio, which I was previously unaware of. The purpose of the get-together was just to discuss ideas of how the BIDs could collaborate with the Neighborhood Council on projects such as beautification and quality of life issue. We discussed the possibility of funding dog-waste stations throughout Hollywood.
After work I got home and Kevin was there so we hung out. Later, we went out to Fubar; Dylan was too tired to go so it was just Kev and I. It was really dead - there were only like 2 other people in there when we first got there. The bartender really wanted us to stay as he must have realized the looks on our faces when we walked in and saw how empty it was meant we were considering spitting. So he gave us each a free shot, and then gave us a couple more later. We also had a couple cocktails each. The bartender kept trying to get Kevin to smile or something, and he told him he was going to make him so drunk he'd start dancing. I told him, you don't know this guy then. Kevin is not going to start dancing at Fubar on a Monday night.
We went outside to smoke and there was a drag queen there, and she apologized to us. "What for," I asked. She explained that the promoter of the night wasn't even there and that there was supposed to be way more people there. I told her we just came to drink anyway so we weren't concerned but I felt her pain since I had worked with bad promoters plenty before in Shitting Glitter. Then it turned out the drag queen was Detox, who I've seen around WeHo a lot, and she performed at Robin's charity event at Eleven that Shitting Glitter performed at with Dick Valentine from Electric Six. She said she remembered us and she loved us. So we talked to her for awhile.
Then we wanted to leave but felt back since Detox was trying to decide whether or not to perform since hardly anyone was there, so we had to wait until she wasn't looking so we could sneak away. We were going to just go home, but then decided to have a nightcap at Gold Coast. Kevin ordered a Screwdriver but he ended up not even touching it, he said he was suddenly too drunk. So, I finished my drink and then we walked back home, stopping for Kev to get Los Tacos on the way that he never even ended up eating.

Comments

Scarlet said…
I miss your blogs!!!!!!!!!! :(

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!