The 62nd Prime Time Emmys

Emmy day arrives! I set my alarm to wake up early with Adrienne to help her do some errands, but when I first got up, she said she was going to go have her nails done and get some coffee, so I went back to sleep until she returned. Then I drove her to the Grove because she wanted to get Dylan a gift for taking her, so we went to Nordstrom's and got him a real bow-tie - as in, not a clip on. The saleslady was super nice and helped us pick out a really cool purple and pink striped one. Then Adrienne got some makeup at the Mac counter and we went to Coffee Bean to get Dylan a Latte.
Back home, Adrienne gave Dylan his gift, which he was thrilled with. We spent the next half hour or so watching You Tube videos trying to figure out how to tie the damned thing!
As Adrienne and Dylan were getting ready, they realized they didn't need to leave as soon as they thought they did, which was great for them since it meant they had more time to get ready, but bad because I knew if I waited until they left that I would be really short on time to get ready for my Emmy party, so unfortunately I had to leave them before they were ready.
I went to the 99 cents store to get supplies but I didn't end up getting much there other than the compartmentalized paper plates that looked like big TV-Dinner trays.
My theme for the Emmys party was TV, so I made home-made TV dinners. I went to the grocery store and got these big packages of frozen TV dinner type foods - one box of Salisbury Steak and one box of Chicken Parmesan. I also got instant mashed potatoes, stuff to make a peach cobbler, hot hamburger dip, and green bean casserole.
Although I missed Adrienne and Dylan before they left to go down to the Nokia Theatre, my timing was pretty perfect because I was able to cook the food and get everything ready all before the first guest arrived. The only thing I wasn't able to do was to go get the Emmy Ballots which I had uploaded to Kinko's for printing, but luckily Brandon and Angie volunteered to pick them up on their way over.
The guests who came for the party, besides Brandon and Angie, were Marc, Ben, Joe, Sunny, Rick and Melodie, which was a good group. Some of us filled out our Emmys ballots, but Rick and Melodie weren't interested and Joe and Sunny had already been watching results on their phones through Facebook. Out of the rest of us, Angie ended up winning.
The show was really good this year. The opening number was a "Glee" parody/tribute with members of the cast and other TV stars. It was great! Jimmy Fallon was a superb host and their were plenty of memorable moments. It was a really fun show to watch.
Rick and Melodie had finished the "Grown Man Cries" Invisible Material Video so we watched that on the computer and we were all blown away by it - it's so good! It was so fun to finally watch it. I'm so proud of the job they did.
Eventually everyone pretty much left but Luther and Andrew showed up so I made them wait with me and Marc until Adrienne got home. She showed us a bunch of her pics and she was in a really good mood because she had gotten to meet and take pics with Tina Fey, Alexander Skarsgard, and Seth McFairlane. She also had a picture of Betty White that she took of her and one of Dylan's co-worker's guests. She said it was one of the best nights of her life and I could she really meant it. I was so happy she had such a great time.
After Adrienne and Dylan had gone to the HBO after-party, he ended up going on to the AMC party so he didn't get home until much later. Our guests lefts, so Adrienne and I just ended up watching old home videos and she fell asleep on the couch by the time Dylan got home.

Comments

aes9999 said…
Truely was an amazing night. I almost teared up just reading about it. I am my mother's daughter!!
Scarlet said…
I know Adrienne really appreciates that you wrote about her Emmys experience, you did a great job!

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!