More Possible than Perfect

I read quite a bit of "More Possible Than Perfect," a book/cd project that my brother is putting together as the definitive collection of music by his band/solo project, S No S. After Plaything broke up, sometime in 1999, Brandon decided to continue working on music by himself. I'm not sure why I wasn't involved but I think between my last year of college (and all the activities therein), my various jobs, and the impending move to Los Angeles, I was probably too distracted to be of much help. Anyway, I remember one day he came down stairs to where my bedroom was with some ripped pieces of cardboard from an 18 can pack of Keystone Beer, which spelled out S NO S and he was very excited about using that as a band name. I didn't quite get it at the time, but reading through "More Possible Than Perfect" at least shed a little light on it.
When we moved to California, Brandon and I developed very separate lives - or as separate as two brothers who live in a studio apartment can have. He spent a lot of his time going to parks to play acoustic guitar and recording in his half of the studio apartment, which we had divided with some plywood I bought at Home Depot. Soon, he left California and moved back to Kansas, where he proceeded to record 5 albums under the name S No S, which he posted online using the website MP3.com. From there, you could order the CD's and they would print them on demand and send them to you. He sent me each CD when it was finished but being the self-absorbed and easily jealous older brother I was at the time, didn't pay them enough attention. I feel very fortunate that, all these years later, he has assembled all this information and insight into these recordings so that I can relive them and give them the love they deserve.
I'm helping him put together this project and can't wait until the whole thing is ready.
Meanwhile, within our current band, Invisible Material, there are some serious issues going on. Robin just returned from completing the Iron Man, but he wanted to schedule a rehearsal right away - today, in fact. Brandon and Ben both e-mailed him saying they really wanted to have a discussion with all of us together before resuming rehearsals, and now it seems we're at a stand still so I volunteered to draft an e-mail but didn't get a chance to finish it.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 213
Allure Magazine, August 2008, Victoria Beckham cover. I kept the cover and the section about Victoria.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!