Much Ado About Nothing

Brandon and Angie took the day off so they could spend it with Adrienne. I had to work, but as soon as I got off I went to Trader Joe's and got some wine, sushi, and snacks to take to Brandon and Angie's because we were going to Griffith Park for Shakespeare in the park. I've never seen a Shakespeare play so I was pretty excited.
We got there right before the play started and so we had to sit pretty far back. I didn't realize what a problem that would be until the play started and then we had to strain to hear the actors since there was no microphones or amplified sound - it was just all natural. Which was cool, but between how far we were, and the accents and the language, it was nearly impossible to follow. We had our little picnic dinner and wine - we ended up with 5 bottles between the 4 of us! Dylan couldn't make it because he had to work late at the TV Academy for the Performer's Nominee Reception.
During the intermission, we decided to move up to be closer to the action. So the second half was much better because we were closer and could hear everything, but by this time I had gotten pretty buzzed on the wine so I still couldn't really follow the play, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. I'd like to go back and watch when I could get there earlier and get a better spot.
Afterward, we went back to Brandon and Angies to watch TV and pet the bunny and kitties, and polish off the last bottle of wine. Needless to say, I was in no shape to drive home so I spent the night there on the floor while Adrienne slept on the couch. All three siblings sleeping under one roof again!

Comments

aes9999 said…
Glad you left out the part about how I had hiccups virtually the entire night. And no mom, they started BEFORE i had anything to drink. After trying all other techniques at the play, we indeed confirmed that only water will help cure those suckers!

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!