John Lennon Educational Bus

I ended up being so thrilled with my acoustic recordings, that I burned then on a CD and listened to them in my car on the way to work, and driving around doing errands. Then, I created a ReverbNation page for myself that was really fun but also a little surreal. I'm so used to everything I've done musically being either private on my own computer, or being related to a band that I've been in. This was the first time I was looking at a public internet page presenting myself as a 'solo artist' trying to get 'fans.'
At work, I made up some information packets for the Visitor's Guide and Map, and then went walking down Hollywood Blvd. and going in to talk to the managers at places that hadn't advertised that I thought maybe would. A couple people seemed interested, but I'm not sure it will lead to selling any more ads.
After work, Sarah and I went to this event over at 6464 Sunset Blvd. (in the Sunset & Vine BID) for the John Lennon Educational Tour Bus, which is really cool. It's this totally tricked out awesome bus that is equipped with a mobile recording studio. The bus travels around the country and goes to different schools and events. A group of students will be chosen to get on the bus, where they write, record, and film a video for a song, all in one day. It's really amazing.
At the event, there was free food and wine, and bands playing. The first band we saw was called The Broken Numbers Band and they were really good, they played sort of Americana/folk type music. I was really impressed with their musicianship. After that, was a Beatles' tribute band, which we only wanted to watch because the bass player is the son of one of our board members. They were really good too, but by this time, Sarah was getting cold and I really wanted to get home, so we snuck out of there. We got cool gift bags on the way out which included headphones, a scented candle, a book, and some other things, so that was really nice.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 219
International Deejay Gigolo Records Complilation No. 7 Double CD Case. I don't know where the CD's themselves went - lost in the shuffle. I paid like $25 or more for this CD just to get one song by Crossover, "My Wave," which was at the time unavailable on anything else, but was later included in their second album which I have now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!