Traitors First Show!

It was a rainy day in LA but I was excited because it was the first ever show for Devin Tait & the Traitors!
We actually weren't all ready to perform, since we had only had one rehearsal, so Elene just came to watch and support rather than joining us on stage.
Marc came with me and we got their first, but Brandon and Angie drove up right after we had parked. The club was called the Airliner and it was in Lincoln Heights, which is a BID that I'm familiar with because I know Misty who runs it from the LA BID Consortium meetings.
It's kind of a run-down looking place and there weren't too many people there. The promoter was working the door and he didn't really want to commit to telling me whether I would be performing upstairs or on the main floor, asking me how many people were coming to see me rather than answering the question. I told him I didn't know, so he said we'd play it by ear.
Besides the main area and the upstairs, there is also a big open area out back, so we went to hang out there and we met Shawn, who is going to be directing the video for "Alien Nation." It was sort of a big coincidence that he was also there that night, one that we had already discovered online. So we went and hung out with him for awhile - we've never met before, only communicated through e-mail so far, so it was great to meet him. He's a cool guy.
Elene and Jim got there, then my friend Alice arrived, and then Dylan came straight from a work event. Lastly, Myles got there to film us.
We ended up performing in the main area on the ground floor. I wasn't that nervous because there wasn't that many people there. I was more excited than anything. The sound was actually really good because we brought our own PA for the tracks and the house PA was perfect for the vocals. Brandon played guitar and Angie sang backup on a few songs. There were a few other people there who were watching the whole time which was great, a couple of them even came and talked to me afterward and said really nice things. Here is the set list we played:
1. Tape
2. Not in a Million Years
3. Bridge To Nowhere
4. Get Outta My Way
5. Alien Nation
6. Digital Representation
After the show I took Marc home and by the time I got home it was pretty late, but I watched the video Myles took before I went to bed. I'm so glad I am finally doing this! And so grateful that I have such great friends and family who support me.

Comments

Scarlet said…
I liked this blog!

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!