It's Halloween!

The big day is here (how many times have I started a blog like that)? It's Halloween - my favorite holiday/time of year! Since I was a kid, I've loved dressing up for Halloween, I love all the spooky stuff associated with it, and of course - THE CANDY! I've always been a candy monster. I've already blogged about Halloween years past so I'll just stick to the here and now.
I decided to have an "early" Halloween party this year - beginning at 1pm. Of course, no one actually arrived that early, but I wanted people to have the option of coming over to hang out, work on costumes, eat, watch scary movies, listen to Halloween music, etc, before the parking gets too difficult - which it always does. West Hollywood puts on the annual Halloween Carnival which is one of the biggest Halloween parties in the world - hundreds of thousands of people show up to walk up and down the Boulevard, checking out costumes, taking photos, and enjoying the entertainment at the stages. Not to mention visiting all our bars and restaurants.
Our friend Guy was the first to arrive, followed by Tiger and a few of his friends, Brandon and Angie, and many more (it was a crazy day for me so I don't want to try and list everyone for fear I'll leave someone out).
I made White Chili with Chicken and a few other items, and of course I put out plenty of candy. Angie worked on my Boy George wig while I carved my white pumpkin. Everyone was having a good time, hanging out and slowly getting their costumes together.
Finally it was getting dark so we all headed out for the evening. Brandon and Angie went home, so we went in a group of me, Dylan, Tiger, Loren, Guy, Jason and Ishmael (forgive me if I forgot anyone) and headed down towards boystown. We met up with Rob and Steven near Marco's restaurant and took some pics with them. Then, our group split up as some of us went to our friend Rafael's house for his pre-party. Shortly after that we all went back down to the Boulevard and met up with Marc, Jason, James and Bun at Trader Joe's. I made it my goal not to lose Dylan this year so I held on to his hand once we got to the crowded area, but not 10 minutes later I had somehow lost him already! I was sort of panicking because the one thing I really wanted to do was to stick with Dylan. I often end up losing him on Halloween, and 2 years ago I really screwed up and left him without his wallet, keys, or phone - I had them all on me since I was carrying a purse (I was the crazy old McCain supporter lady) and he had nowhere to keep items (he was a spartan).
I stuck with Tiger, Rafael, and them as I looked all around for Dylan. My texts weren't going through, and when they finally did, they would be so old that they would be irrelevant to wherever we were.
Finally, I made it to the stage where they were going to do the Time Warp (all the stages were going to do it) where Dylan was with Marc and them, so we were reunited!!! I was so happy that we found each other again in time to participate in the world's largest Time Warp - we were competing for a Guiness World's Record and apparently we were successful. It was so fun! When it was over, confetti was shot into the sky and went everywhere.
After that, the group kind of split up and Dylan, Marc and I went to the Palms to see Myles DJ'ing but we didn't stay long because it was really hot and crowded in there. We did see Vik and Victor, and said hi to Myles.
After that we walked back to Rafael's and met up with Luther and Andrew and took more photos. I realized this was my first Halloween on the Boulevard with my own camera!
Dylan and I didn't make it home until way late, and I knew I would feel like hell the next day at work but it was worth it as it was probably the best Halloween yet.

Comments

Scarlet said…
The "Boy George" look is awesome, Devin! Enjoyed reading about your Halloween, sounded really fun!

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!