Invisible Material on Towleroad

Today we had the Sunset & Vine meeting, which went really well. Afterward I came back to the office but I was the only one there so I just tied up some loose ends and then locked up.
It was a pretty exciting afternoon because the video for "Grown Man Cries" was featured on Towleroad.com, this gay men's blog that I've been reading religiously for a couple of years now. It's a pretty popular site, so hopefully it will get some great exposure for Invisible Material. I was so thrilled when it was finally put up, as part of the music news, even though I knew ahead of time because. Dan, who writes for Towleroad, Modern Tonic, and Frontiers, had reviewed the Shitting Glitter CD "Open For Business" and so I've been keeping him up to date with all my musical projects. He really liked the video for "Grown Man Cries" and told me he would be including it on Towleroad but I always wait to see things before I allow myself to get excited! Well it was really exciting! It's nice to be rewarded for something you've worked so hard on. Shitting Glitter made so many videos that I was always hoping might get on Towleroad, so it was nice to finally be on there, even if it wasn't for a "gay" band.
We had Invisible Material rehearsal at a new location, an empty storefront near Tiger’s place that belongs to a drag queen named Phyllis Navidad. She uses the space for her costumes apparently, although it was completely empty when we got there. I had to load my drums into the car and pick Jared up, and I was going to try to take a speaker and my PA for Robin to sing through, but realized I didn’t have any mics since Brandon had taken them after the show. We ended up just rehearsing without any amplified vocals which was fine because it allowed us to really concentrate on the music. I had a good time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!