Musso & Frank

This morning I had my marketing committee, which was great because I had a lot of stuff to report, and we had a lot more people than we did last time. We had a couple guest speakers which was good, and I got to report on my meeting with Cirque yesterday.
After work, Sarah and I went to an event at the Kress which was the HBT annual shindig, and this year was honoring Captain Girmala with LAPD. The comedian Paula Poundstone was supposed to be the MC, but she was running late in traffic, along with several other people involved in the event, so she didn't get there until the end of it, but I thought she was really funny. Thad, our board president, also spoke and he was really funny too. He is such a great supporter of the community. There were quite a few people from the Media District there too, including Susan and Jim, so it was nice to visit with them.
Sarah and I decided to go to Musso and Frank's afterward and I ordered the Jellied Consomme because it was featured in LA Weekly, but Sarah thought I was kind of crazy for ordering it. One of the guys who works there, whose family owns the restaurant, we know from work so we talked to him for awhile and he even showed us around the upstairs of the restaurant where the offices are. We ended up hanging out there all night and I didn't get home until late - Dylan was not very happy when I got home because he couldn't believe I had stayed out so late on a weeknight, and I woke him up to let me in since I had left my keys in my car, which I had luckily left at work because I had drank too much to be able to drive home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!