Open House Mad Men

I had a street closure committee meeting this morning at 9am over by Sunset and Western. I avoided parking in the shopping center garage because I found a spot on Western, but then I was paranoid because the meeting ran long, and I parked in a 1-hour spot. It ended up being fine.
The office was all abuzz today as we were getting ready for our Man Men-themed open house, celebrating our new offices. We invited all our stakeholders and we had a 50's/60's themed slideshow on the new plasma tv in the conference room. We set up a bar in the kitchen area (which we would all take turns bartending) and had food catered in the conference room.
The open house started at 4pm and people slowly started arriving. It was a lot of fun. We all dressed up like Mad Men (the TV show about Advertising executives at the end of the 1950's) but Kerry really went all out to dress up like Joan, the head secretary on the show. She looked fantastic!
The party went by really fast. Dylan showed up near the tail end of it, but I talked to a lot of people before then, including Councilmember LaBonge who came for a little while.
I also got my new blackberry today, since my old one quit working on Saturday. It's much better!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!