Swivek Live!

I slept in so late I couldn’t believe it! I meant to get up early, go shopping for fabric for my alien costume for tomorrow’s video shoot, and make brunch, all before Dylan woke up... but seeing as Dylan woke me up at 1pm, obviously none of that happened.
I went out and my first stop was the Goodwill on Beverly, since I’ve always had pretty good luck there. I had a few different ideas when I spotted this dark green body suit, maybe it’s for snowboarding or something - it’s not really particularly heavy, though. It’s got lots of cool pockets and zippers and I thought I could make it into some sort of alien-looking costume. I tried it on and it was really tight - I couldn’t zip it up all the way - bought I thought it could work.
Then I went to the 99 cents store on Wilshire and got a metallic windshield sun visor thing, and a few other items. My last stop was the shopping center on 3rd and Fairfax. I went into the K-Mart hoping they would have the alien antenna ball things, but they didn’t. I didn’t end up getting anything there, so I walked down to the CVS but just ended up getting some vodka, soda, and eggs for brunch.
I got home and cooked the eggs and some bacon for brunch and then Brandon and Angie came over and I worked on my outfits while we watched TV. Later, I had to leave again to run up to Ah’s to find the antenna. They didn’t even have the right thing, but they did have almost exactly what I was looking for, only it was for a bee costume instead of an alien, so they were black and yellow striped balls with black fur on the headband. I just spray painted them silver when I got home and ripped off the fur.
Angie made ravioli with tomatoes and portabello mushrooms for dinner that was so good!
Elene came over at 7pm so we all hung out and talked about the video shoot tomorrow, before Dylan and I had to leave for the Spencer Day concert. Angie and Brandon dropped us off, but when we walked in hardly anyone was there. A sign at the front said Spencer was playing at 10, so we decided to walk down to Motherlode for a drink first. We got back at about 9:55 and he was already playing - and apparently we had missed 3 songs already. You can just never trust showtimes in LA! The show was great, though, he did a lot of the same songs that we saw him do at Upright Cabaret, but this time he had a full band backing him, including and upright bass and a violin! He was as cute as ever, of course.
After that, we took a cab to Hamburger Mary’s, and as soon as I got out of the cab I heard our friend Bradley singing! This was his first show ever so I felt bad that we were missing part of it, but it seemed to be the theme of the evening! Luckily we only missed the first song, and we ran in and started dancing as soon as we got there, it was so fun seeing him on stage finally! He has been making music for many, many years as Swivek, but this was his first live show. I was so proud of him, and I thought he did a great job. He needs to do more live shows.
We stayed for the end of the show - it went by so quickly because lots of our friends were there, and the Boofonts were doing a great job and looked amazing in their costumes. Before I knew it, the night was over and we were back at home.

Comments

Scarlet said…
U R sooooo creative!
swivek said…
I'm so glad you guys were there... and I am going to do more shows. It was def one of my favorite nights ever.

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!