Shelley's Birthday

Today was a pretty lazy day. We didn't do much of anything for most of the day so I played Bully on the wii in the basement. Mom and I went shopping at Wal-Mart later to get food for brunch on Memorial Day since we ended up making plans with Shelley Nondorf, and her daughter Samantha and husband Jake who we had just recently hung out with in Hawaii over the holidays. My parents have been friends with the Nondorfs for years but I hadn't seen their kids in ages until Hawaii.
We also bought a croquet set for the backyard since neither one of them could remember what happened to Grandma Strecker's old set, which dad insisted had either fallen apart or had been sold at a garage sale. I find it hard to believe they would have sold anything of Grandma's at a garage sale. We also stopped at the Dollar Tree and got some drinking glasses and other assorted little things. I wanted to get a new outfit for Spike, but he already had all the ones they had there. Just like the Dollar Tree in North Hollywood, they had the accessories for the Golf Outfit but not the actual clothes which made me so bummed since that was the one outfit I really wanted to get for him since my dad would have gotten a kick out of it.
When we got back, we played a couple rounds of croquet in the backyard even though it was really hot outside. Then I tried to do one of the workout DVD's I had brought, "Totally Fit with Mel B" as in Scary Spice. It was really, really hard though! I was sweating and couldn't keep up. It wasn't necessarily difficult exercises, it was just really intense and I had to stop and catch my breath a few times.
Then we all loaded up in the Highlander Hybrid and drove up to Bristol Seafood Grill in Leawood to meet Shelley, Sam and Jake. We were basically celebrating Shelley's birthday because she had to go to the hospital on her real birthday, with blood clots, and it was really serious. We were all worried about her. But, she was back to her normal self so we were celebrating that, and the fact that Jake and I both had just gotten new jobs. Jake is a crackup and he was really funny at dinner.
I didn't end up eating much because I had just had a sandwich before we left, but I did get some oysters and a beet salad, and Dylan and I split a smoked duck flatbread appetizer. Everything was really delicious and I think the waiter might have had a crush on Dylan because he forgot to charge us for Dylan's meal.
Shelley came back to mom and dad's with us to spend the night and we just played Apples to Apples and watched TV until the grown ups started getting tired. I played some Bully before bedtime and finally got the guy to kiss other guys, although I could only get the blond preppy boy to make out with him.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 149
"Rabbit Club" White Out Pen. I doubt it even works anymore, it's been in a box in the closet for probably over 5 years.

Comments

Scarlet said…
So much fun!

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!