Ruby Room

Journal Entry
May 8, 2010
I slept in pretty late, thinking that Amy or AJ was going to call or text when they were going to brunch at Hamburger Mary's since we had made plans the night before. When I finally got up, I hadn't heard from them so I texted them. Still no answer, so I just decided to cook brunch at home which was fine since I had milk, eggs, and veggies. Finally when we were almost done, Amy texted saying they were at Hamburger Mary's but they were already done eating. So much for that I guess. Then I started working on the computer and got pretty deep into editing on one of my songs. Sometimes I get on a roll and today was one of those times, so when Amy called later to invite me over to Rich's (from Chachi) to jam with them I had to decline.
To continue our weekend with Revenge Club, we were playing with them again tonight only this time in San Diego. Dylan didn't want to go down there and back in one day, and Marc was dog sitting for Princessa although he ended up going to stalk Kylie Minogue who was shooting a video downtown. So, I ended up driving by myself but picking Laura up on the way. I was shocked at how far south Laura lives - I think she's actually closer to San Diego than LA. By the time I picked her up, it was just a very short drive the rest of the way.
We got there early; Amy and AJ were not there yet so we just walked around and ended up eating dinner at this Sushi place called Ichiban I think. It was good. I was texting Angie because she was in San Diego at her Grandma's place and she knew right where we were.
After dinner we went to the Ruby Room and played pool while we waited for everyone to show up. There were a few bands playing that night including a band of three guys from Sacramento called Lite Brite. They were good, really nice, and the bass player was cute.
Our set went pretty well. I tried to make a concerted effort to cover the bass lines since Red wasn't there, because it sounds really weird now without her. I had to try and quickly change the sounds on my keyboard for Legalese but I messed up and ended up setting the whole keyboard to play bass. It was all fine until the end section where the organ comes in cause then I had to try and switch back really fast. I think I did OK. The bass player from Revenge Club later commended me on covering the bass lines, so that was really cool.
Speaking of Revenge Club, their set was really fun and I ended up jumping around and sort of moshing for a little while.
The trip back was really fast since there was no traffic by that time (we left around 1 am I think). When I got back, Dylan was still hanging out at Brad and Alf's but he came home right away and we started watching Saturday Night Live with Betty White but only made it to weekend update before Dylan said he was going to fall asleep.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 127
In loading up my car for San Diego, I got rid of an old instrument cable that didn't work anymore.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!