My first Skype

The student from Singapore who is going to be interning at the Hollywood Media District wanted to chat on Skype since he'll be here in just a little over a week, so I agreed that it would be a good idea, even though I had never used Skype before and didn't want to admit that I was so un-tech-savvy. Luckily I downloaded it and figured it out yesterday, so I was already for our session this morning at 9:00am. The first thing that surprised me was that he looked nothing like I thought he did. It turned out that when I was going through the resumes of the students, there were two with the same first name and I got them confused; one of them had a photo and that was the person I thought I was going to be speaking with and it wasn't. Anyway, we had a nice chat and he had a few questions that I hope I was able to answer to his satisfaction and so now he will be arriving here on May 17.
I got a lot of other work done today, including figuring out the assessment formula for a property outside of the BID that may be voluntarily joining. I had to figure out what our current assessment formula would be since we've increased it by 3% twice since the original formula was developed in 2004. I think I did everything right - I hated math when I was younger, but now I've grown to really appreciate the way it's so exact, and that there is always a "correct" answer to a problem that you can't just BS your way out of. I wish I had taken math more seriously when I was a kid cause now it seems too difficult to get into, I can barely add and subtract in my head as it is now.
We had Invisible Material rehearsal from 8-10 at Cascade Studios in Hollywood. I thought we were sounding pretty good, and we had some kids in the lobby that were watching us through the window and seemed to like it so that's a good sign.
Afterwards, I went home and had some dinner that I got at Whole Foods on the way home, and we watched the new 30 Rock and then I was going to watch Community but Dylan was still one week behind so we watched the one from last week even though I'd already seen it.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 124
My Levi's blue jeans, because holes suddenly appeared on the left leg, above the knee. Actually, I only have one pair of jeans left now - my Paul Franks - and they too have just gotten a hole in the crotch like my Steve and Barry's! I don't know what's going on but I guess it's time to buy new jeans.

Comments

Scarlet said…
I feel so bad that I got this far behind in reading your blog! It seems like we have such a routine getting up, going to work, then the after work chores start. That includes walking Royal, reading email and browsing FB for awhile, figuring out dinner, then drinking our nightly wine on the patio. After that, we watch one or two hourly shows together and start getting ready for bed. By the time I read my book of the moment for 30 min. or so, I am so tired I can't keep my eyes open! So that leaves weekends for your blogs and if I don't get to them, then I'm way behind by the next weekend! Anyway, a lot has happened in your life in the past two weeks. Did you ever get mentioned in the LA Times? Did you and Dylan make up ok? Some of the things we talked about, but I love reading all the details! Talk to you soon! Love you! (PS--you talk about "drinking too much" several times, maybe something you should be thinking about...)

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!