Whittier College and Adam's 40th

Mayday! It's the holiday where we used to go put flowers on people's doors, and then run away after knocking. I think that's a midwestern thing 'cause no one out here has heard of it before.
I made brunch for me, Dylan, Marc, and Viktor. I made beanie weenies with veggie hot dogs and a BBQ I made from scratch, and Soyrizo and Egg burritos. They were all yummy! It was so cute because Viktor brought Princessa, his tiny little chihuahua over.
Shitting Glitter had a gig at Whittier College for Psychedelic Circus, put on by the Poets Society or something like that. It was an outdoor afternoon show on the upper quad. Marc rode with me, and we picked up Robert on the way. I totally missed the exit for the 60 East and ended up taking the 710 all the way to Long Beach! I was already running late, but that set me back even more, and then when I got to Whittier my directions were really bad and I ended up going in the wrong direction again. I called Laura and luckily her friend was able to give me directions to campus and I made it while the band before us was still playing (those things always run late). We played a pretty short set. The sound on stage was really bad. At first there were no monitors, so I asked the sound guy if he could hook one up. He said he didn't think so. I explained that there was a speaker on the ground not plugged in to anything, plus a wedge speaker, and a cord on the side of the stage, so they should be able to do something. I had to talk to two different people and finally they hooked up the wedge, for the entire band to share as a monitor! Needless to say, Laura couldn't really hear me and so there were a couple times where we were not all "on." But, it was pretty good overall and Marc said it sounded much better out front.
After the show, we hung out on campus for awhile. There was free food, so we had a late lunch, and there were other bands playing after us so we hung out. There was a guy there that wanted to be my groupie, so that was cool too, although I had to decline since I'm already spoken for.
Eventually, Dylan called me and said he was already at Adam's 40th Birthday party in Long Beach, so we hit the road. When we got there, a lot of people were already there so we hung out and Dylan was of course the first person to get in the hot tub. I had forgotten my towel and trunks so I just ended up getting in in my undies and then when I got out I had to 'air dry!'
The party was really fun and I got to talk to Adam a lot, who is the guitar player in Crush. He helped fill in for us after Brandon left the band and he's a great guy.
Marc was kind enough to drive me home since I had already driven so much today, and of course I had a little too much to drink at the party.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 119
"Ghostbusters" Soundtrack, cassette tape. I bought this tape used at GB Records in Hays because it has "In The Name Of Love" by Thompson Twins on it, which I of course already had on other albums, and now probably have it on close to 20 different sources. I love the movie but the soundtrack isn't a crucial part of my life. Funny enough, this tape has a handwritten "50 cent" sticker from when I tried to sell it at a garage sale in high school.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!