I-70 Drive in

Adrienne drove us over to Katie's parent's house so we could go swimming in their pool. It was a gorgeous day and I pointed out to Dylan how nice a Kansas City afternoon could be poolside! Katie's parents had several dogs who all enjoyed swimming, and so did Katie and Dan's dog Cuzco, so we wanted Maddie to swim too. It took her quite a while to warm up to the idea but she was a natural at it. At first we would have to sort of push her in, and then she would just start swimming as fast as she could to the other side, so we would have to turn her around so she could go back to the steps so that she could get out. But eventually we would be in the pool and Adrienne would call to her and she would just jump in on her own and swim out to Adrienne! It was so cute. I felt so happy to be there for her first swim just as if I was watching a kid take his or her first steps. For now the Strecker family is content with dogs in lieu of children!
We swam there for most the afternoon and then headed back to Olathe so we could get mom and dad ready to go to the drive-in. Angie and Brandon have got us hooked on the drive-in theatre in Los Angeles so we wanted to share the experience with Adrienne because she's always sad when we go and she has to hear about it. Plus we really wanted to see Sex in the City 2 so when I discovered that it was playing at Kansas City's I-70 Drive in (which was a real challenge to find directions to online), it was a no-brainer. We got there around 9pm and the sun still hadn't set. There were 4 screens there, just like in LA, but there were trees that surrounded the entire area so that it was like walls of green leaves which was really pretty. The movie started around 9:15 when it was finally nearly dark. Adrienne, Dylan and I sat outside in lawn chairs since they had the little speakers outside that you could turn on, although only one of ours was working so we had to huddle together. Mom and dad watched in the car. They swore they both stayed awake throughout the entire 2 1/2 hour movie but I have my doubts. It was actually really funny and I think I enjoyed it more than the first one because it was so light and fluffy. The first one was really emotional; this one was just excessive for the sake of escapism.
I had made another pitcher of Leland Palmers, except this time I didn't follow the recipe, and added tequila and gin to the mix! Needless to say I got pretty drunk whilst watching the movie, which had pretty much been my plan anyway. We packed some snacks and turkey wraps and it was just so much fun watching the movie under the stars below the wide open Kansas sky.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 148
"All About Me" book - this was some stupid book I bought, most likely at the Dollar Tree, where you are supposed to fill in the questions and add photos and stickers to represent "you." I started scribbling some stuff in there ages ago, but it's pretty empty and just kinda lame so I'm tossing it.

Comments

Scarlet said…
It was fun, and I saw every second of the movie. I can't speak for Glen!

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!