Cinco de Mayo!

Today was Cinco De Mayo, a holiday that I'm pretty sure I knew little or nothing about when I lived in Kansas but it's usually a pretty big deal here in LA. After work, I went home and did a little tweaking on some music before I got ready to head over for Robin and Michele's for a dinner party.
I got almost all the way there, which is clear across town on Vermont and 6th, when Robin called to say the party was moved back to Park LaBrea where it had originally been scheduled (he had just told me a few hours earlier about the change to his place). So, I turned around and headed back west.
The apartment was Aaron and Mark's, and I got there first (Robin and Michele were the only other guests). I met Aaron a few years ago through a mutual friend but I didn't know him that well, and I don't know if I ever met Mark before, so it was nice to hang out with them and get to know them better. Aaron made a really awesome Mexican meal - fresh salsa, guacamole, tacos, rice, beans, etc. It was yummy! Robin and Michele brought sugar-free margarita mix and I had brought wine. We had a lot of fun just chatting away and before I knew it, it was 11:30pm. So we all said goodbye and then I went home to find Dylan on the couch, swearing he wasn't asleep (I'm pretty sure he was, though, and he deserved it since he worked late). Wow, I just noticed I used a lot of parenthesis in this blog entry (will have to try and cut down on that).

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 123
My Steve & Barry's (a store that is no longer there) blue jeans, because they developed a hole in the crotch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!