Mother's Day

Today we went up to the Valley to take Dylan's mom out for Mother's Day. She had just moved into a new place, a sprawling ranch up in Granada Hills just a couple of blocks away from Dylan's sister's house, and very near to his Aunt Renee and his dad. It's a really nice place and the lady whose house it is seems very nice. The house is a sprawling ranch with a pool and jacuzzi in the backyard and four little doggies (shitzu/poodle mixes). I think Robin will enjoy living there.
We took her out to Soup Plantation in Porter Ranch which was really yummy. I tried to not pig out too much but it's hard since they have so many different foods there - soups, salads, breads, deserts, etc.
Afterwards, I convinced Dylan to take us to Wal-Mart since we were right there, and we needed serveral household supplies. Normally we don't go to Wal-Mart for the obvious reasons, but it does remind me of home when I go there. We just needed some things like paper towels, body wash, etc, and it's always nice to take Robin shopping. She got some candles and stuff.
By the time we got home it was actually pretty late so we watched TV and then I made some dinner before we called it a night.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 128
Since I got a new glass cutting board today at Wal-Mart, I threw out my old black plastic (?) one. I know that technically maybe that doesn't count since I just replaced it with a new one, but hey, I'm moving up in the world. And, this is gross, but I'm pretty sure the old cutting board had been left in my old apartment (the Dover) by the previous tenant. Normally I would never use someone's old kitchen stuff, but when I moved in to the Dover I didn't really have anything of my own (it was all still at Brandon and Dudley's place) so I took whatever I could get. I'm so glad to finally have my own, brand new, glass cutting board.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!