All The Lovers

Since I was out at the LANI forum yesterday, we postponed Business Watch to today. I was frazzled trying to get everything ready this morning cause I had quite a few things to do before the meeting, but it all worked out fine. We didn't have a guest speaker but I was hoping that maybe because it was Friday that we would have a good crowd, but only a few people showed up.
Kylie Minogue's new song, "All The Lovers" debuted on the internet today and I found a way to burn it from youtube onto a CD so I could listen in the car. I can't wait to buy the album when it comes out!
Marc, James, and Brad all rode down to Long Beach with me for Shitting Glitter's show at DiPiazza's. It was pride weekend in Long Beach but unfortunately we didn't really get the pride crowd to come out to the show. But it was nice because AJ's mom, stepdad, and little brother were there and they loved the show. I had a lot of fun and they recorded it too so hopefully I'll get it up online soon. The whole band made it, and there were some fans there who knew the songs and the words so that was really cool. Dylan drove separately because he had Prue, Nora, and Cacha in his car.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 133
"Travelogue" by The Human League, cassette tape. I remember buying this tape at a store in Salina that was in a strip mall; I can't remember the name of it, but I think it was like a Hastings or something similar. At the time I found it a little confusing. It wasn't quite as dark and foreboding as "Reproduction," the album that came before it. It only hinted at the pop leanings of "Dare" which came after it. Even after all this time, it's still a strange little collection of tunes. I really liked the new version of "Being Boiled" and I loved most of the song "The Black Hit of Space" but always found something troubling about the lyrics. The British sense of humor/irony is hard for a farm boy from Kansas to understand. I also love the song "WXJL Tonight" which reminded me of some small radio station out on the prairie of Kansas, and how on a clear night I could see the radio and television towers in Russell all the way from our farm.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!