Preparing a great abundance of food

I felt like the big day had almost come, although today was almost just as big as tomorrow because of all the things I had to do to get ready for it!
I had to go to Susan's house to cut checks for work so I did that later in the day and afterward I had to go to Staples because I was out of papers and paperclips in the office, so I also grabbed a few things for the video while I was there.
After work, I went to Goodwill and got a shirt and a pair of pants for the video, and got supplies for the catering like paper plates and plastic forks. Then, I stopped at Ralph's to get the bread and meat for the sandwiches and the cheese for the mac and cheese (I already had plenty of pasta at home). Lastly, I went to Guitar Center on Sunset to get my drum throne. I had to tell the guy that I wanted the cheapest one - which was still $40 - because it was going to be ruined by paint in a music video. I didn't mention that I was also planning to still use it even after that! I guess I'm kind of crazy for finally buying my first drum set (second if you count the kiddie version I had when I was in grade school) just to have it doused with paint, and then to plan to try and salvage it. The whole kit only cost $100 but I had to buy a throne and a kick pedal, had to have a spring put on the kick pedal, and will have to replace most of the heads - I already got a new bass drum head for $35 - and cymbals at some point. So even though it was supposed to just be a "junk" kit, I still spent over $200 just getting it good enough for the video. I don't really have enough money to just throw that away and start over afterward.
At home, I quickly started making the sandwiches and the mac and cheese. I felt bad because Johnny was in town from Bakersfield and he wanted to meet up but I couldn't really leave the house, so Dylan went to meet him at Java Detour. They both came to the apartment later and by that time I had already finished all the sandwiches and the mac and cheese so I was feeling good. I showed them my outfit and they both really liked it.
Then I made and wrapped all the breakfast burritos and got everything organized in the fridge to make it easy to get in the morning. The last thing I had to do was trade vehicles with Tiger so I could have his pickup to haul stuff in. Johnny had to go back to his hotel (The Hyatt on Sunset) so Dylan and I dropped him off and then headed to Tiger's.
By the time we got home, it was 11pm and we were both already tired and worn out from the previous night, not to mention that we would have to wake up at 6am, so we just brushed our teeth and climbed into bed.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 56
I cleaned out the refrigerator of old leftovers, that counts, right?

Comments

Scarlet said…
I'm glad I read this after your shoot, because I already know how everything turned out and how hard you had to work and that it took two whole days! You must have been exhausted after all the work you put into the prep for the video! We are so excited to see it!

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!