Mad at the Dirt

Since I had went to the trouble of buying a jump rope last night, I was not about to miss boot camp, although I kind of wished I had once I got there. It was a really intense work out and I could not keep up with the other guys. Sometimes I can force myself to keep up with people, at least to a degree, but sometimes I just really don't know what's wrong with me. I suppose it's probably my diet and lifestyle. I think I know all about eating right and what foods to avoid but I just have a hard time implementing it into my actual routine. I guess you could say I am addicted to junk food when it comes down to it, which is just awful. I feel it when I am trying to work out and it makes it harder to eat right when I do try.
At work, I found out today that I am probably going to have to move to a different office in the same building which means I really need to get my stuff organized. Thankfully I had already started it, but I've been alone in this office for over 5 years now so it's still a little daunting.
I took a little mini-nap on the couch when I got home, meaning I'm not sure if I really fell all the way asleep but I was definitely on the edge for awhile. I think I probably did get a few minutes of sleep.
Dylan had run out to the drug store and to get some dinner, and while he was away Bun came over to hang out. We listened to the Julie Brown "Goddess in Progress" EP on vinyl that I had bought a couple weeks ago at Amoeba for $1, and then we watched "Make the Yuletide Gay," a fun holiday movie on DVD that I had bought and tried to get everyone to watch when we were in Hawaii but no one was really into watching a movie. I had already seen it at Outfest last year but I thought Bun would like it. Right after we started it, Dylan got back and had brought me a soup and sandwich from Subway.
I think Bun liked the movie. Afterwards, Dylan joined us and we showed Bun this video by a band called "The Joans" that was on Logo's New Now Next called "Mad at the Dirt" because he loves the film "Mommie Dearest" so much so I knew he'd get a kick out of it; Dylan and I both loved it. Then we watched the episode of RuPaul's Drag Race that we had missed on Monday night.
Bun left after that so I worked on the computer a little. I sent out desperate e-mails to people I know through work, trying to find a place for us to film the Invisible Material video. I have a feeling that what started out as something that was supposed to cost little or no money is going to cost me a lot in the end.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 46
"In The Name of Love" Thompson Twins 12" vinyl single. I don't know how I came across two copies of this, but I did. I love the b-sides, "In the Beginning" and "Coastline." When I was in junior high, you could go to Musicland at the mall in Hays and they had this big catalog attached to the pay counter so that nerds like me could special order things that they didn't keep in stock. I spent lots of time going through this catalog seeing if there was anything I didn't have that I could afford to order. I remember being so excited when I found that I could special order a 7" single of "In The Name of Love" because the b-side was "Coastline" which I had never heard before. Back in the days before the internet, it was impossible to track down b-sides unless you knew how to order the 7" singles through catalogs or mail order places.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!