Why Torture is Wrong and the People Who Love Them

Apparently, I was so tipsy from the wine last night at Tiger's Photo Exhibit that I forgot to turn my ringer back on, set my alarm, and put it in the bedroom. In other words, there is no way that I could have woken up in time for boot camp! I felt bad because Tony and I had agreed to wear our Kiwi Thunder shirts today, and we were going be playing basketball which I actually enjoy when it's with a bunch of gay guys.
Work was OK. Nothing too exciting happened.
It was another rainy day, which I enjoyed. I was glad to have it back again.
Robin had gotten her Fed-Ex package while Dylan and I were at work, so that was good because it means she won't have to come back on Monday.
Dylan and I got dressed up nice and went to the Stella Adler theatre on Hollywood Blvd. for the Blank Theater Company's production of "Why Torture is Wrong and the People Who Love Them" which is a play by Christopher Durang. Nicholas Brendon from Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Alec Mapa, a gay comedian who is on Ugly Betty (and also stole my drag name in the movie "Connie and Carla"!) were both in it and all the actors were just amazing! The story was really interesting and current. I truly enjoyed it. I got to say hi to Daniel and Ed who work at the Blank, who I know through the Media District. This was the fifth show of theirs we have seen; they always do top-notch shows.
Walking back to the car, we got in a really stupid and pointless argument. We were supposed to be going down to Long Beach for Cut & Paste Rock & Roll, which Shitting Glitter played at last year and Three Chord Whore was playing at this year. However, it was almost 11pm and it was raining and Dylan didn't want to go after the argument so I started driving down there myself but I was really not in the mood and I knew I would be getting there way too late. Dylan called me and I ended up turning around and coming home. I was so tired I fell right to sleep when I got in bed.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 36
Somewhere along the line I acquired this weird, velvety cowboy hat with a black and white cow skin pattern on it. I wore it to a couple of Shitting Glitter gigs but it has set in the closet for years and I don't really see myself wearing it again. I'm not much of a hat person in general, but I think I've definitely outgrown "wacky" hats.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!